Struggling on Liquid Diet.....Need Support

Sabrenia8888
on 7/22/09 1:58 am, edited 7/22/09 3:24 am - Orlando, FL
Hi Everyone - I was thinking long and hard on should I really post this because everyone is doing so well, but I really need some support. I am really struggling on staying focused on my liquid diet. I am on Day 7 and it really does not seem like it is getting easier and plus I am not losing any weight. The scale just continues to be the same and I am not eating anything. Can someone share some light on how you stayed focus on the liquid diet because this is so hard? Also I must admit I did get off track a couple of days but I am back on track.....Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Erika A.
on 7/22/09 2:10 am
DO NOT GIVE UP NOW!!!!!! u r to closed to ur day just read, write ur journey in a journal, it is not that bad I have been doing it and it does not get any better I am not going to lied to u, but look at the positive way.   soon you will not feel much hungry and u pass 7 days why give up now.

This is my goal 7/1/2010    
Stephaanyaa
on 7/22/09 2:11 am - NY
so sorry that you are having a hard time on the liquid diet ... but this too shall pass.  you need to focus on the Big Picture ... you WILL BE much Happier and Healthier before you know it.  You My Friend are OBSESSING and it needs to stop.  The first thing you need to do is STAY AWAY FROM THAT DANG SCALE !!!   a watched scale WILL NOT MOVE.  Get out and do whatever it is you need to do to get your mind focused on other things.  mix it up a bit if you are a bit bored with the liquids but please know that you can and will get through this.  we are the Strongest. ... please believe that ... and you are NEVER alone.  And keep the lines of communication open with Our Almighty.  He is The Greatest! 

Smile ... Show The World That You Appreciate This Very Precious & Remarkable Thing Called LIFE !  Life ... How Very Sweet It Is ! 

t
o

to
PoohkinandPiglet
on 7/22/09 2:20 am - TX
I used the Low Carb Slim Fast chocolate shakes a lot more than the Bariatric Advantage ones.  If you freeze it then put it in the blender with a little sugar free chocolate syrup it'll be thick like a real shake.  I ate them with a spoon and it was more satisfying. 

I did cheat a few times early on but I cheated with low fat, protein foods--- scrambled egg, baked fish, shrimp, lean turkey burger patty, etc... 

You are so close now . . . you can do it!  

bryden1401
on 7/22/09 2:34 am
You can do it  and it is very very hard i am hoping today is my last day of liquids i got for my 2 week postop today.  Is it full liquids or just clear?  If it is full I live on SF popsicles and sf fudgesicles.  One poster told me v-8 juice and chicken broth mixed tried it pretty good. SF LF yogurt and puddings? I can have those.  It is hard but your almost there and it will be worth it
My consult weight was 329 my Surgery weight was 318 and today i weighed 299. Oh and suck on some sf candies it will give you that little ummm goodness of a candy and not be to bad i even found some crystal light ones.
Consult weight 329
surgery weight 318
current weight 177
goal 165

HOPEisHERE
on 7/22/09 2:56 am - CA
...you have made 7 days?? WOW! you are so strong! You are doing an excellent job. keep yourself busy girl, take it off your mind. Your strong enough for 7 days, shoot you can do it! your day will be here before you know it!!...Godspeed!

HIGHEST/298- SURGERY/276- CURRENT/ 217
(deactivated member)
on 7/22/09 3:17 am - Bellmawr, NJ
I haven't done it yet (3 weeks from now) but I wanted to say that I know you can do it! Also, maybe try drinking more water? it might fill you up and also it might help flush the water weight out.

Crystal light makes this hunger satisfaction mix now that has 5g of fiber and 3g of protein and is 30 calories. I find one packet makes 2 bottles of water tasty and it fills me up...so maybe that?
Sabrenia8888
on 7/22/09 3:23 am - Orlando, FL
OMG, what a bundle of support. This has made me felt so good. I am just 6 days away from the surgery day and YES I need to stay focus. I was very hesitant to post but now I am glad that I did. THANKS SO MUCH EVERYONE FOR YOUR ENCOURAGING WORDS!!!
Ms. Exquisite
"Obstacles are what we see when we take our eyes off the goal"  
mike460
on 7/22/09 4:44 am - freeport, IL
RNY on 07/27/09 with
YOU ARE STRONG I BELIEVE IN YOU KEEP YOU MIND ON THE GOAL ITS HARD I'M ON MY PRE OP NOW BUT A LITTLE DIFFERENT FROM YOURS WE CAN MAKE IT LOOK ITS RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF US KEEP YOUR MIND ON OTHER THINGS YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!! I NOW HOW YOU FEEL KEEP WITH ME ON THIS

Michael A Thruman Sr

dansgirl520
on 7/22/09 4:52 am - Tucson, AZ
I'm on day 8 and if I can U CAN!!!!! I just listen to that song by Miley Cyrus " The Climb" listen to it it will ENCOURAGE u to keep fighting just one more mountain and over the hill you will b. Good Luck
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views