The numbers on my scale are going down then up . . .

PoohkinandPiglet
on 7/21/09 2:22 pm - TX

I'm one week post op and am curious . . . my scale shows a four pound weight loss then,  the next day it goes up a few pounds,   down, up, down, up . . .   Anybody else?

I'm still having some issues with gas so that is probably a factor.   I'm wondering what is normal as far as weight loss the first couple of weeks after surgery.  When is my body going to say "Ok, let's get on with it".

KristeMitchell
on 7/21/09 2:30 pm
Are you weighing in at them same time everyday?  For me, I get up, go pee (try to poo ) and then weigh myself.  I also weigh in the same nightshirt.  I have 2 that are the same.  I haven't noticed it going up but it does stall every few days.  Probably shouldn't weigh everyday, but I cannot help myself. 

PoohkinandPiglet
on 7/21/09 2:40 pm - TX
I'm weighing every morning before I shower.  One day I'm down a few pounds, the next day I'm back up-----

I KNOW it's normal.   I need to put the scale away for a while but I can't seem to do it. 

saletiajohnson
on 7/21/09 5:57 pm - anchorage, AK
Man, it took my like 4 days just to get rid of the weight I gained in the hospital! ERRg. Yesterday I gained a pound. Then I poooooed. I dropped 2 pounds lol.
alyzbzee
on 7/21/09 3:27 pm - Lakewood, CA
RNY on 07/14/09 with
I'm one week post op as well and I do notice the up, down, up, down.  Problem is my scale never gives me a correct reading.  I weigh in the morning aftering peeing in my night gown.  Wait a few seconds and get on again and I can end up with a 5 lb. swing.  I go for a 3rd try and usually the higher number is the 3rd readying so I stick with it.  I really need to get motivated and go walking 2x a day.  It is just so freakin hot & humid here in Cali right now. 

Annette 

HW: 324 -  First Consult: 304 - Surgery Date: 293 - Current: 207 - Goal:  165

(deactivated member)
on 7/21/09 9:08 pm - Glenside, PA
I'm so glad you posted this!  I thought it was just me and that I was going to be the one that bypass didn't work for or that I had somehow been drinking too much.  I thought, too, that it might be water retention from the canned soup I have been eating/drinking.  Still weigh myself every day, though.
bryden1401
on 7/22/09 2:21 am
I am 2 weeks out tomorrow and i have the same thing my hubby is great he is like babe it is water or something and in my head i am sure that is it however i do not like it at all lol.  Like today got up went pee weighed 299.2 whoo hoo in the 2's. So then i go to poo and eat my watered down grits now it is 300.8 frick back in the 3's grrr.  I do notice i weigh at night 10pm in my night gown and i seem toweigh more at night. And it will depend on how much water/fluid i do drink last night i weghed 302.8 this morn 299.2 lol so flippin aggrevating.  I go to my dr this afternoon so we shall see how it goes lol.
Consult weight 329
surgery weight 318
current weight 177
goal 165

Sabrenia8888
on 7/22/09 3:17 am - Orlando, FL
Sharon - At least the scale is moving for you. I can not get the scale to move at all for me.
Ms. Exquisite
"Obstacles are what we see when we take our eyes off the goal"  
latinamommy
on 7/23/09 10:16 am - Winslow, AZ

I thought I was the only one that the scale wasn't moving for!!  I have heard of these great huge losses and I am stuck with a stubborn scale.  Then I thought that maybe I was one of the people that this surgery didn't work for.  BUT besides losing numbers I notice I am losing weight or fat or whatever in weird areas.  Like around my rib cage where my bra sits and around my ankles and in my feet and fingers.  So weird.  Anyways I cannot wait for the NUMBERS to start moving!!

PoohkinandPiglet
on 7/23/09 1:28 pm - TX
I know what you mean.   My bras are too big already.   Today I threw another pair of pants in the give away pile because they are way too baggy in the butt.   I'm going to live in stretchy yoga pants and workout clothes for the next few months.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views