Any one feeling down?

KristeMitchell
on 7/21/09 12:52 pm
Hey guys!
I was just wondering if anyone else has been feeling down lately.  I seem to fluctuate between feeling great and feeling sad.  I had heard that it was normal while our bodies are adjusting to the new way of life (and lack of food) to be emotionally out of whack.  Just wondering if anyone was feeling the same way.  Tomorrow will be a better day!

(deactivated member)
on 7/21/09 1:02 pm - Glenside, PA
Once I started feeling physically better I began to listen to the thoughts running through my head. 
I still can't quite believe I have rearranged my insides, but I remain committed to a different lifestyle.   

I look forward to the day when I can do some of the little goals I have (ie crossing my legs), but I am aware of a sorrow about losing my fat. (that one scared me a little)

I can't say that I have been feeling sad or down, but I have been a little bi=polar with my moods.  Nothing seems to last very long, however.

You're right - tomorrow is a new day.  Keep looking forward.
Kathy J.
on 7/21/09 1:18 pm - Flint, MI
I am not feeling sad, just confused about some of the pain that I am having.  But I know it will all work out in the end.

PoohkinandPiglet
on 7/21/09 2:14 pm - TX
Yes, my emotions seem to be all over the place lately. 

saletiajohnson
on 7/21/09 6:00 pm - anchorage, AK
Uh YEAH! Thank God someone feels the same. Im a whinner. Lol.
celticgirl
on 7/21/09 10:30 pm - winter springs, FL
It's not just you. I was a total emotional wreck yesterday. I kept crying over the stupidest things.
I feel much better today.
Sabrenia8888
on 7/22/09 2:01 am - Orlando, FL
It seems like I am going through this pre op but as the days get closer to my surgery these feelings go away. I hope things get better for you.
Ms. Exquisite
"Obstacles are what we see when we take our eyes off the goal"  
bryden1401
on 7/22/09 2:27 am
Oh i so have the first 3 days was awful i cried everyday lol. I get down now and aggrevated because i cannot eat even though i am not even hungry i have to get this out of my head cause i know that is all it is.  Last night my kids and hubs sat down with a bowl of ice cream and i was like i can't even enjoy that with them anymore and it made me sad even though i didn't want it and know that is why i got up to 329ls to begin with. I do get down and go holy crap why did i do this again i will never never enjoy anything again food wise but then i go without this i might not be around to enjoy anything.  I dunno i think this whole thing is a major roller coaster of craziness but i am lucky my hubby is so so supportive letting me cry and ***** and even starting to look at contents in food we buy where calories and fat and protien are concerned. So i have more to be happy about than sad but sometimes my head dosen't see it that way lol.
Consult weight 329
surgery weight 318
current weight 177
goal 165

finding_40_fabulous
on 7/25/09 4:29 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Steph,
I just had to reply to your post because I know exactly how you're feeling!
Even though I know that I did this for good reasons and even though my husband and daughter have been very helpful/understanding...I still miss eating!  I know it's strictly a mind issue, not a hunger issue.  I know that I can not have chips, hot sauce, ice cream, hamburgers, etc.  I know that they would make me physically sick right now.  In front of them I am strong.  I walk away to let them enjoy their yummy summer dinners together, but secretly I just want to cry.  I miss sitting with them to eat.  I miss eating chips & a sandwich for lunch.  So stupid!

I'm so happy that my husband is home this week spending extra time with my daughter, but I feel so sad that we can't all go out for Chinese.  I've suggested that Daddy take his little girl out for dinner and I'll stay home with my Popsicle.  It's good for them, but I feel so sad to be missing out on summer!

I'm sure these feelings will get better as I start to recuperate more and am able to drive us to some fun places that do not involve food.  It's just my first week home and I feel trapped and oh so bored!

So, sorry to whine..I just had to share with you as our stories sound so similar!
Pat

sharonr1965
on 7/22/09 8:08 am - amarillo, TX
yea im real down. i had surgery on july 15th. one week ago. physically i fell ok..i even cleaned some house today but im miserable. i hate everything and everyone around me and im very depressed..i sat in the bathroom and alone in the house today and just screamed and cried...felt like a lunatic. what is wrong with me? and im very mean. God i hope this passes soon.
and sleeping is awful because all i do is dream about food and eating. i know this will all get better. but pls pray for me and i will pray for all of you too.
sharon
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!