8 days post and ugh.. the pain

wyoctry
on 7/23/09 3:19 pm - Riverton, WY
Well i found out why I have so much pain.  The doc said that due to the two incisions on the left area of tummy being so close, and that one instrument goes downward to fill the cavity with air and stretch the muscle.. and the second lower incision is for an instrument that goes up to the stomach, there is potential that when the two criss cross, the muscle gets pinched and results in more muscle pain and longer healing in that area.  Also due to the fact that I wanted to do so well after surgery, the first day I was up and walking all over the halls, extremely well, and the second day.  On the third I had told the staff that I was feeling this pain, stabbing sharp pain with a hot branding iron..... anyhow.. did too much too soon and added to the injury of the muscle.  It's NOT GAS and I am NOT a WIMP like my aunt told me.

The doc said with the muscle pain, that is why it is sharp and sudden.. if I breath too deep, stretch, turn, stand, sit.. a way that flexes the muscle... it yells STOP and boy o'boy do I hear it.  So time will just be a bit slower to heal.

Other than that.. he said I am doing great.  Right on track.  Since my last visit with him on July 6th, not quite 3 weeks, I have lost 20 lbs.  He said due to the muscle injury, I haven't lost the post surgery swelling/water weight yet.. and that it will probably be another week.  Then he said to expect a big drop of like 10 lbs in a day or two.  It will be nice to have my swollen tender tummy feel better.

Ok.. thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts.. you all helped. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views