Driving Yet?

(deactivated member)
on 7/21/09 11:45 am
So I was told no driving, but for how long?  I've got a dentist appt. tomorrow afternoon.
PoohkinandPiglet
on 7/21/09 12:01 pm - TX
You were told no driving?   Nobody told me that.   Yikes!    
I hope I'm not in trouble.

I thought it was no driving if you were taking pain meds.  I haven't had any pain meds since day 1 in the hospital.

I went shopping at Costco yesterday to walk around then today I drove to Brenham to pick up my kids.  The seatbelt is not super comfy on my tummy but I feel fine.  

I get a lot of sipping in while I drive! 

collinsne
on 7/21/09 12:15 pm - Barre, VT
I was told no driving for two weeks.  So it's been, my son, the chauffer.  I had him take me to the mall today so I could walk.  It only cost me a new  belt for him.
PoohkinandPiglet
on 7/21/09 12:28 pm - TX
We'll I've driven twice.  I guess I better go back and read the manual.  I missed those instructions.   

KristeMitchell
on 7/21/09 12:49 pm
I was driving after a week. I think it has to do with the pain meds. If you aren't taking them then I would think it would be fine.  But don't quote me on that!

(deactivated member)
on 7/21/09 12:57 pm
I haven't taken pain meds since I got out of the hospital.  I think I am going to make the huz take me anyway, lol.  I just finished making arrangements to go see Harry Potter with my nephew and he can drive so that's good.
PoohkinandPiglet
on 7/21/09 2:09 pm - TX
Watch out for the movie theater popcorn!    

It still smells really good post-op.  I guess I didn't lose my craving for popcorn.

alyzbzee
on 7/21/09 3:38 pm - Lakewood, CA
RNY on 07/14/09 with
My manual said no driving for 2 wks..  My discharge papers said no driving until off all pain meds.  I drove today for the 1st time.  Only to the market for a couple of items and the postoffice, which are only a few blocks away.  I'M GOING CRAZY WITH DAYTIME TV.  I watched the movie New In Town w/Renee Zewelleger today.  Pretty good.  I think tomorrow I will catch up on DVR stuff or pop in Benjamin Button which I have yet to see or the Davinci Code.  The only daytime TV I like is Price is Right, and depending who is on the show, Ellen or Oprah.  Regis and Kelly drive me absolutley nuts.

POPCORN?  DID SOMEONE SAY POPCORN?    OMG  I used to eat 2 bags before surgery all by myself jus****ching the news.  I am a popcorn freak.  I don't have a craving for this yet and have decided I would wait at least 3 mos. before even trying to eat popcorn again like only 4 oz.

I need to find me a new cruncy snack food for my movie datenight at home w/hubby on Saturday.  How in the heck am I supposed to handle the ballpark when we go see the Angels host the rival Yankees on 9/14.  I will be 9 wks. out then, I should have a better plan of attack by then.

Annette 

HW: 324 -  First Consult: 304 - Surgery Date: 293 - Current: 207 - Goal:  165

keerle
on 7/23/09 8:19 pm - Knoxville, TN
I was told no driving. But I came home with a drain. My worry would be if I was in a car wreck. What kind of damage that could be done sitting behing the steering wheel. I have 2 little girls and my husband is a fireman so I pray that my no driving is only for the wee****il I get my drain out. Otherwise, I will be going stir crazy. If it was the pain med thing, I could have drove yesterday because I have only taken 1 pain pill since coming home on Wed, Surgery was Monday July 20.
AshleyDillo
on 7/24/09 3:58 am, edited 7/24/09 3:58 am - Tallahassee, FL

I was told no driving until you've been off of pain meds for 24 hours.  And before you drive you need to make sure that you can safely twist to look over both shoulders.

Just be careful because the force of an airbag can be dangerous to your newly rearranged insides.

I drove for the first time to my pre-op appt.  I was 9 days out of surgery at the time.  I had to wear my seatbelt a little differently so it wouldn't rub against my incisions.

I've driven a few times since then to get groceries.

RNY: 7/2009

HW:  361   SW: 320  CW:  157.6

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views