Still in Hospital!

Shida77
on 7/21/09 9:02 am
Hey guys, I'm still in the hospital from my RNY yesterday. I just wanted to say to all of those with upcoming surgery that this is truely a BREEZE! I was up and walking yesterday evening and twice today! I'm sipping my broth, tea, water, & jello even though at first it was uncomfortable. Its so funny that I feel so good. I even asked the nurse are we sure I actually had something done! Tomorrow I should get to go home! That's when the real fun will start I'm sure. Any questions please don't hesitate to ask!!!!

lem124
on 7/21/09 9:22 am - Silver Spring, MD
RNY on 07/27/09 with
Congratulations!!  That is a wonderful message to receive!

Keep feeling good!
PoohkinandPiglet
on 7/21/09 11:50 am - TX
Glad to hear you are doing well.   I thought the same thing-- I told my husband  "Are you sure they did something to my insides?"  when I was walking the halls, sipping tea and full of energy.

(deactivated member)
on 7/21/09 11:53 am
So great to hear how well you are doing!!!  Welcome to the loser's bench!
Shida77
on 7/21/09 11:56 am
Yes!!! I asked my nurse the same thing! Its like nothing is different except these 5 slits in my tummy. I can't sip but so much and I feel full. Glad to know what I'm feeling is normal.

collinsne
on 7/21/09 12:20 pm - Barre, VT
Glad to hear you are doing well.  I don't know what the roads are like where you live - but you might want the person driving you home to bring a pillow to hold against  your belly.  It helps on the bumps.

Welcome to the Loser's Bench.
Sabrenia8888
on 7/22/09 4:58 am - Orlando, FL
Shida ~ Wow a BREEZE huh? I like the sound of that. I hope mines will be a breeze too and then I can come back and post. I am getting really excited now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ms. Exquisite
"Obstacles are what we see when we take our eyes off the goal"  
Dawn Just Dawn
on 7/22/09 2:31 pm
Music to my ears!!!  I go in Friday!  So glad you are doing well!!
  Dawn    Stroke Dawg   is stroking outhttp://i.imgur.com/Zk9Yj.jpg
Shida77
on 7/23/09 12:03 am
I came home yesterday and yep, still a breeze! The discomfort kinda kicked in last night, but Lortab knocked that right on out! all this sipping is nerwracking because I hope I'm getting enough fluids.  Still, I'm happy with my decision to have surgery and am so excited to get my "new life" started. 

FreeSpirited1
on 7/24/09 3:41 am
hey ..howdya get a laptop in the hospital!!!!! NE Way.....congrats!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views