Momma Got Some New Protein!!!

(deactivated member)
on 7/20/09 12:19 pm
Oh yes!  I was so needing something new!  Finally!!!  Yay!   Can you tell I'm a litte excited?

I ordered a sample pack from bariatriceating.com.  I was hesitant to do it because it cost alot but then I said Aw to heck with it, I deserve it!  And I do!!!

So I'm enjoying my first sample right now.  There were about 15 in the box.  I can't remember the name of it so I'll have to go check.  I guess that's the point of samples...to buy the ones you like, but I think knowing the flavor is required, lol!

I gotta go sip!!!
PoohkinandPiglet
on 7/20/09 1:32 pm - TX
Did you get samples of the new Inspire protein powders?

I'm about to break down and order the Peanut Butter Cookie flavored one made with PB2?  It sounds soooo good and I'm tired of drinking the same old thing.  

I'm on a Mootopia milk with sugar-free chocolate syrup kick right now.  I've been sipping milk all day.   It goes down so much easier than the protein shakes.

(deactivated member)
on 7/20/09 2:16 pm

Your Protein Kit will contain the following:

Bariatric book, Before & After - Eating & Living Well After Weight Loss Surgery, author - Susan Maria Leach *
Silicon Snap Bracelet * Blender Ball Protein Shaker *

2 OhYeah! Ready-to-Drink Vanilla & Chocolate * 2 IsopurePLUS Grape & Punch *

4 Lean Dessert Singles - Fresh Cinnamon Roll, Banana Cream, Whipped Vanilla Cream and Chocolate Coconut *
2 Elite - Rich Chocolate or Chocolate Mint or Café Mocha * 4 Nectar - Roadside Lemonade, Strawberry Kiwi, Lemon Tea, & Fuzzy Navel * 2 Whey Gourmet - Arctic Cappuccino Frappe, Smoothly Strawberry Banana *

Ooh that sounds good!  I bought some of that Mootopia milk after you told me about it.  The milk I was buying with the cow on it had about 9g of protein and the Mootopia has 12.  I'll take that extra 3 anyday!

Here's what came in the bag...

KristeMitchell
on 7/20/09 3:07 pm
Where do you get this Mootopia?  Sound like a good post op thing to have.  It would totally bulk up things like Cream of wheat and mashed potatoes. BTW I had my first eating out experience since surgery and I had Chili's mashed potatoes.  I picked out all of the skins and picked around most of the gravy and it was good.  It sounds like you are doing good! I am so glad!!

(deactivated member)
on 7/20/09 4:04 pm
We get Mootopia at our grocery store, HEB.  WTG on Chili's!  I'm so jealous!  I'm on liquids until my post-op appt which is still like a week away.  I would love some mashed potatoes!  My family had spaghetti last night and I just love spaghetti and it was so tough to smell the smells and watch them eat.  Ugh! 
PoohkinandPiglet
on 7/21/09 12:47 am - TX
Kriste-- Mootopia is a lactose free, fat free high protein milk.  Your store probably has a version of it packaged under a different name.   

alyzbzee
on 7/20/09 2:25 pm, edited 7/20/09 3:50 pm - Lakewood, CA
RNY on 07/14/09 with
1. Where did you order the sample kit from? (so many places)
2.  Is the entire sample kit for Stage 1 Liquid Phase or does it contain for other stages as well?

I am at a loss and following only the few items on my food/menu given by the sugeons office.

Most of my protein comes from Carnitation Instant Bkft (CIB) sugar free and 1% milk.  8oz will give me 16g of protein not to mention another 8 oz of fluid.

I really am struggling with this and just noticed that I can actually have mashed potatoes.  They have to be instant, so off to the market tomorrow for mashed and more milk.  For protein supplement I am using Isopure and have made jello, popsicles and I mix it 1/2 & 1/2 with my cranberry or crangrape juice. 

I am a person that can go all day without eating or drinking so this is really hard for me to consume this much liquid.  Not to mention the fact that I can't tolerate daytime tv so I get up and find things to do and my bottle or glass usually ends up in another room and now I have forgotten all about it   

TTYL

Thanks

Annette 

HW: 324 -  First Consult: 304 - Surgery Date: 293 - Current: 207 - Goal:  165

(deactivated member)
on 7/20/09 4:08 pm
I ordered this sample pack from bariatriceating.com.  I know there are other sites with samples I could watch tv all day long if I let myself.  With satellite tv and the million channels, there's bound to be something on, but I have to turn it off and get off the couch.  I've had to stop watching the cooking shows, lol.  They just drive me nuts with what I can't have.
alyzbzee
on 7/20/09 4:22 pm - Lakewood, CA
RNY on 07/14/09 with
I thought about ordering from bariatric eating but finances kind of tough right now.  I may just do it anyhow.

Yeah, I have sattelite, dvr, movies, etc. but my tv time is in the evening.  I love the cooking shows and HGTV as well.

Thanks for replying
Good Night  

Annette 

HW: 324 -  First Consult: 304 - Surgery Date: 293 - Current: 207 - Goal:  165

(deactivated member)
on 7/21/09 11:32 am - Richardson, TX
I think I'm going to order that kit too!  I just ordered another package of Caramel Latte (YUMMY) and the PURE Unflavored powder.  I have not received my Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge yet but it sounds good.

I have a Nectar sample pack that I ordered from smartbodynutrition.com. It was only 20.00.  It's great being able to try different flavors before buying a regular size can because the 2 I've tried so far I have not liked at all. (ick)

Did you ever think you'd be so excited about a protein drink.   

Karen

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!