chiming in!

lem124
on 7/20/09 9:52 am - Silver Spring, MD
RNY on 07/27/09 with
Hi all!
I am a late arrival to this board, but have been enjoying it! I've just started my liquid diet today and am now a week away from surgery!

While it is SUPER annoying to only have protein shakes, crystal light, jello and broth, I keep telling myself that I have finally taken the FIRST step in my weight loss journey!  I will say though, I won't be surprised if I dream about chewing tonight

I'm keeping busy by making tons of lists; things to do this week to prepare, things to pack, errands to run,etc. Good distractions!

I'm thinking of all of you, hoping you are feeling good and am getting excited!  Take care.

Lissa
collinsne
on 7/20/09 9:58 am - Barre, VT
Hi Lissa,
Welcome to the July surgery board.  I had my surgery last Monday and am doing well.  Don't forget about sugar free popcicles.  They are something that you can atleast bite into and chew!

One week to go for you.  This week will be gone before you know it.

I'll be thinking of you on the 27th.
Nancy

HW 358 - SW 267 - CW 228 - GW 170
bryden1401
on 7/20/09 12:51 pm
Is it a clear liquid diet?  I love the SF fudgesicles yummo they taste sinnful lol i am full liquids 2 weeks out from RNY almost.
Consult weight 329
surgery weight 318
current weight 177
goal 165

PRKN_LDY
on 7/21/09 12:53 am - Bowie, MD
Hi Lem

I used to live in SS now I'm in Bowie. My surgery is on Thursday. The liquid phase has been challenging :0) I am keeping  in mind to enjoy the journey as well as the destination it makes it easier to swallow. If you want to talk let me know, send me a personal message. Have  a nice day
lem124
on 7/21/09 4:25 am - Silver Spring, MD
RNY on 07/27/09 with
Thanks so much for all the great support everyone!  I am absolutely going to add SF pops today to have something to CHEW on a bit!

I'm feeling good and excited...all the planning, thinking, testing, forms, etc.  is paying off...cause it is happening!

Hope you all are great!

Lissa

P.S. how do you guys get those "tickers" on your messages?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views