6 days out and soooo sick

FreeSpirited1
on 7/19/09 11:49 am
I am six days out and i cant hardly eat drink anything..i feel full and nauseus all of the time...i foreced myself to eat my vitamins, and managed to drink a 2.9 oz 23g protien drink today and a couple sips of liquid..but not nearly where i should be...im calling the cr in the morning..all of the protien stuff makes me GAG!! and i cant shake this full/nauseuas feeling all the time..even though I didn't have anything...i am so frustrated!
IRAYD8U
on 7/19/09 1:28 pm - MONTICELLO, MN
I'm so sorry to hear your having such a hard time.  Hopefully your pouch is just a bit swollen and needs a few more days to settle into the new you!  I hope your Dr has some encouraging words for you.  Good Luck!
Heather
                    HEATHER
               Join us on the Lightweights Board
 Ask me about our Facebook Chat Group: OH WLS-Lightweights
  36 years old
5'7"   HW 256 / SW 240 / CW 145 / GW 140
KristeMitchell
on 7/19/09 1:37 pm

That sucks! I am so sorry you aren't feeling well.  Have you tried a clear protein drink like Isopure.  The 20 oz bottle has 40 grams of protein. Maybe if you nursed that all day you might get in a bit more.  If you don't like the taste, throw some crystal lite in it.  Good luck!

Joanna S.
on 7/20/09 12:53 am - Lonaconing, MD
It sounds like you are really having a rough time.  Did your doctor give you any post op prescriptions for the nausea?  I think I've got three.  I'm only using the soluable previcid and I haven't had any problems.  I hope you get to feeling better soon.  Let us know how you're doing.
Joanna

High354/consult321/pre-op297.6/post-op310.6/current209.2/goal147

You'll never leave where you are until you decide where you'd rather be.

PoohkinandPiglet
on 7/20/09 7:21 am - TX
My 5th day out I woke up feeling terrible.  I was sick at my stomach and dizzy.  I managed to get a protein shake down during the breakfast hours and after church I made myself sip another 20 grams of protein.   I finally felt better later that afternoon.  

Keep sipping protein.  Your body is healing but is also weak for lack of calories and protein.  Can you tolerate Isopure with a little crystal light added to it?

Keep sipping . ..   it will get better.  Sorry you are feeling bad. 

FreeSpirited1
on 7/20/09 7:46 am
thanksladies..taking prolosec now...i'll keep on trying! u feel better Pooh!
Kathy J.
on 7/21/09 1:25 pm - Flint, MI
I hope you feel better. 

FreeSpirited1
on 7/21/09 1:33 pm
i am..unfortunately ive been wanting to EAT now since ive been feeling better...when will i find the balance!?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views