Fun way to eat Greek Yogurt

KristeMitchell
on 7/19/09 1:44 pm
Hello guys! Some of you are on soft foods and others will be soon so I thought I would share something I tried tonight.  I mixed 1 oz of greek yogurt with a tiny bit of cherry crystal light and a dash or SF vanilla syrup.  It tasted like cherry vanilla yogurt.  I can't have non plain yogurt at this time so this was a fun to figure this out.  I also read somewhere to add vanilla protein powder and I tried that this am and  it was pretty good too.  My tiny 1 oz of greek yogurt and 1/4 scoop of protein powder equals 10 oz of protien in a 1 oz punch! Not too bad! Have a good one!

PoohkinandPiglet
on 7/20/09 12:51 am - TX
I LOVE my Fage.  I can't wait to use it to make chicken, tuna and crab salad.  I'm sooo ready to eat soft foods! 

KristeMitchell
on 7/20/09 1:56 am
Soft foods are a nice change.  Good variety, at least on my doctors list. 

(deactivated member)
on 7/20/09 1:10 am
Where do you buy that stuff?  Remember I'm in the podunk back forty.  Maybe they just don't have it in my town. 
KristeMitchell
on 7/20/09 1:59 am
Out here we have it at Trader Joes, Fresh and Easy and I think most of the grocery stores sell it.  I did see one brand in the 4 packs at Walmart.  the brand was okais or something like that. I was a greek name.  Look for the 0% fat one because the full fat has an outrageous amount of fat! Good luck!

PoohkinandPiglet
on 7/20/09 7:26 am - TX
HEB has it--- Fage or Oikos brand.   Walmart carries the Oikos brand too.    Fage has a little more protein. 

I love it with a little sugar free vanilla syrup and pureed blueberries.  Sugar free chocolate syrup isn't too bad either.  The best thing about it is you can use it in place of sour cream or mayo in recipes.

JEllen
on 7/20/09 12:41 pm - Capital Region, NY

That sounds good! Can't wait till I get to that point! Just bought some Fage today- it will keep in the fridge till i'm ready to use it in a FEW DAYS! woo hoo...

Glad to know that the Fage has more protein than some others...
and for me.... It's made LOCALLY! so keep buying FAGE and help the employment in the county where I grew up!

thankyou very much!

bryden1401
on 7/20/09 12:57 pm
Where can you find this famed Fage i have wal-mart which i haven't seen it at, Sams, Albertsons,Sun Harvest, and our military commissary now i haven't looked at all of them but wondering where ppl find theirs?
Consult weight 329
surgery weight 318
current weight 177
goal 165

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views