July 15th, home now, still uncomfortable, -15 Lbs

latinamommy
on 7/20/09 3:32 am - Winslow, AZ
I am feeling better too. No more gas in my body only in my tummy...lol.  I am starting to wonder if I don't know how to take a drink without swallowing air.  Gas-x is still my buddy but I noticed I am not taking it as much as I did the first few days.  How are you doing getting all your fluids and protien in?  I am having a hard time with that so any suggestions would be great.
Urioste06
on 7/18/09 11:00 am - Baton Rouge
Hey I had my surgery on june 30th and I was having alot of pain too. I took medicine and everything for gas and nothing helped. I kept thinking it would go away and finally two days out of the hospital I called the doctor and they admitted me back and there had been something wrong. It wasn't in my head. I'm all fixed now but if you really don't feel good and it doesn't go away....call your doc! Oh and I was also having a hard time putting down water too, it was hurting each time I drank.
bryden1401
on 7/19/09 1:49 am
I had mine on the 9th and has lots of gas in the hospital they gave my gas-x or mylocon and it helped a lot. The more you take in the more gas you have or at least i did. walking expelled it as well as the gas meds.  I only took a total of 4 pain meds and it took about a  week to feel"normal" . I still get gassy when i wlak around and sounds stupid but burp burp burp i was constantly burping in the hospital and saying sorry the the nurses and stuff and they would laugh and say that is fine we want that we don't mind lol.  I don't think you will injure it but i was the same way just take it easy sip like your suppose to and you should be fine.  I am almost 2 weeks out now and i can drink my shakes in about 15 mins vs it took me the whole 45 when i came hom.
I say after a week or so if your still in pain and really uncomfortable call the dr and ask never hurts.
Good Luck
Consult weight 329
surgery weight 318
current weight 177
goal 165

prattjj
on 7/20/09 12:22 am
RNY on 07/15/09 with
Thanks, I'm feeling better now already.
consetta
on 7/19/09 4:38 am - NY
Hi! I had my Lapband done on July 13th. I came home the next day and I was sore. My stitches don't bother me at all. I am afraid to drink because every time I do my left shoulder hurts and it is bad. My Opti fast and water, juice go down with no problem. I was told it takes a while for them to go down, but I don't have a problem with that. I was also told the pain is the gas cause they blow your tummy up to do surgery, but I have it really bad when I drink. Is that when yours gets worse?
prattjj
on 7/20/09 5:01 am
RNY on 07/15/09 with
Yes, when I drink it got worse. BUT, remember you may be swallowing more air too. It helped to drink and try to belch at the same time. When you put new fluid into the stomach the gas rises and that's the best time to get it out-so long as the gas is in the stomach cavity.
Joanna S.
on 7/18/09 10:19 am - Lonaconing, MD
I had surgery on the 14th.  Lots of gas pain over the left shoulder.  When walking doesn't seem to help I stick a heating pad over the shoulder and take a tsp. of the liquid pain meds and try to nap. 

High354/consult321/pre-op297.6/post-op310.6/current209.2/goal147

You'll never leave where you are until you decide where you'd rather be.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views