I'm Home! I'm Home!!!

(deactivated member)
on 7/18/09 3:30 am
Hello Everyone!!!

Missed ya'll so much!  Hope everyone has been having wonderful experiences since I left for surgery!

I had my surgery on Wednesday and it went very smoothly.  Thank you for all the prayers and thoughts.  I am so thankful for all of them.  They really worked!!!

I am doing really well, not much pain.  I'm hanging out in the recliner.  Got some gas but it doesn't hurt much.  I get up and walk every hour or two.  I put a load of clothes in the washing machine, but couldn't get it out, lol.  Gotta get me one of those cool new side loaders, lol.

I could have gotten out of the hospital on Thursday.  The doctor asked me if I wanted out, but at that point I hadn't even had not even drank any water yet so I didn't know how I would react to something more substantial, so I said I would wait.  And I'm glad I did.  I was very confident leaving the hospital yesterday.  Well, you know, as confident as you can be when you have no idea what is going to happen next, lol.

I'm going to check out the board and then I'll start working on catching up on the surgery list.  Thank you JEllen for all your help with that.  Couldnt do it without you!!!

Glad to be home.  The one thing I kept saying to a friend of mine was that I just couldn't believe that I had actually done it.  I just can't believe I did it.
PoohkinandPiglet
on 7/18/09 3:47 am - TX
I've been looking for you.  I'm glad you're doing well.  I'm feeling great-- getting more protein in and having more energy each day.  I even went to see Harry Potter at the theater last night.  I'm still sore but haven't needed any pain meds. 

alyzbzee
on 7/18/09 3:48 am - Lakewood, CA
RNY on 07/14/09 with
Yayyyyy!  So glad everything went well for you.  I personally move around every so often because I hate daytime TV.  not sure how much walking time I am getting done, but something is better than nothing.  Thursday on 1st day home, walked about 6 houses down and back.  Yesterday morning I walked around the whole block .  Later on I walked around the grass in my backyard as there is a cement walk all the way around.  I cooked dinner on Thursday, did dishes on Thur. & Fri.  I have made my bed everyday, but laundry will wait until someone will sort, load and unload for me.  I will then fold and put away.  I don't want to do too much bending at this point.  Still working on protein and sip, sip, sip.

Keep it up girl, you will start seeing results in no time.

Love
Annette

Annette 

HW: 324 -  First Consult: 304 - Surgery Date: 293 - Current: 207 - Goal:  165

KristeMitchell
on 7/18/09 4:44 am
I'm so glad it went so well! You'll feel better and better everyday.  I find the evenings the hardest.  I think I have been pushing myself too hard without taking a break in between, so I am working on that.  I am one week out now.  It seems a little too easy.  I am tolerating my step 2 diet and I haven't felt overfull at any point yet.  I can drink plenty of water.  I just get pooped easily.  I hope your recovery is speedy and wonderful! Glad you are back! take care!

latinamommy
on 7/18/09 5:17 am - Winslow, AZ
Glad you are back and feeling great!! 
Debbie-50
on 7/18/09 6:06 am - Lancaster, OH
Glad to see you made it home and everything went the way it was planned.  Now you can really be on the losing side and it is a wonderful feeling. I'm starting to get bored from being home. I feel like i've never had surgery. Hopefully you'll make a speedy recovery. Take care and God Bless.

Sabrenia8888
on 7/18/09 7:35 am - Orlando, FL
OMG, I am soooo happy to hear from you hun!!! I am glad you're finally home and when you get some time you have to give me a play by play of your day in the life at the hospital. SHARON did a great job giving me the run down. I hope you rest up and have a speedy recovery.
Ms. Exquisite
"Obstacles are what we see when we take our eyes off the goal"  
2_be_me_again
on 7/18/09 7:55 am
Happy to hear your doing well!  Truly amazing that you have energy to do laundry!    bEST FOR A SPEEDY RECOVERY1
AT GOAL in 336 days...!
SW / CW / GW
299 /174.5/ 175
6' tall - size 10

ErinMoses
on 7/18/09 10:48 am - AL
 I'm glad you're back and everything went well!  Good to hear you're doing okay....hope you recover quickly!

~Erin
Highest Weight: 310
Pre-Surgery Weight: 262

collinsne
on 7/18/09 11:05 am - Barre, VT
I'm glad to hear you are doing well.  

I've been trying to listen to my body and taking a 2 hr nap everyday since I got home.  Went to the mall last night and did one lap plus a walk around Walmart.  Went to the grocery store today with my husband (I miss fruit  ).  Both tuckered me out. 

HW 358 - SW 267 - CW 228 - GW 170
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!