7/15 Home now!!

latinamommy
on 7/17/09 3:33 pm, edited 7/17/09 3:49 pm - Winslow, AZ
I am home now after my 7/15 surgery date.  I didn't have any complications with the surgery but I came home on oxygen.  My saturation was down to the low 70's without the O2 on.  The gas is horrendous.  My back hurts like it's never hurt before and I can barely walk without feeling like I'm going to throw up.  I didn't expect to feel this yucky.  I seriously thought I would be up and around that night.  Not doped up on morphine for the pain.  Other than all that negative crap I am excited and ready to feel better.  I can't wait to start my new life even after this rocky start!
(deactivated member)
on 7/17/09 9:44 pm - Glenside, PA
It will get better!  I felt exactly the same way.  I felt much crappier than I expected to feel and didn't want to complain because everyone else seemed to sail through.  That was four days ago, howvever, so I am proof that it can turn around rapidly.  Mine started when I started to move the gas.  That really was the worst part for me.  I could live with the soreness, but the gas HURT!  Hang in there, breathe deeply, walk as much as you can, and sip your liquids, take the pain meds and rest.  Repeat.

Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS!
prattjj
on 7/18/09 12:35 am
RNY on 07/15/09 with
I had surgery on July 15th and I'm home now as well. The gas sucks, it really does. Drinking is very uncomfortable, I think because I'm very careful not to overdue it. Congratulations! 
Sabrenia8888
on 7/18/09 2:26 am - Orlando, FL
Welcome home and thanks for sharing your experences. So they send you home with your oxygen being so low..wow. I keep hearing that the gas is horrible, I am really afraid of this pain.
Ms. Exquisite
"Obstacles are what we see when we take our eyes off the goal"  
(deactivated member)
on 7/18/09 4:37 am - Glenside, PA
It's  not a sharp pain most of the time.  For me it w just an overall bloated feeling that made me want to stay still.  When it passes (pun intended) it really does begin to get better immdiatley.
chickie_mama
on 7/18/09 4:36 am
RNY on 08/18/09 with
happy new you to you!  glad everything went well. keep us posted!
torim
on 7/18/09 7:25 am - Englewood, CO
Hey girl! you went in already? WOW! So happy for you!! keep us updated, the more details the better. I'm weird I know :) Best of luck to you and your recovery ((hugs))

Tori

Kathy J.
on 7/18/09 10:41 am - Flint, MI
I had my surgery on the 15th as well.  I had a problem with breathing were they left the breathing tube in my nose after surgery.  I was not able to talk, but when they took it out it was fine.  I am a little tired from my asthma and my gas is rumbling, but other than that, I feel fine.  Good Luck to you.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views