funky taste in my mouth

bryden1401
on 7/16/09 9:24 am
Ok this sounds stupid maybe or maybe not i dunno so here goes. Every since i had my surgery a week ago i have a funky taste in my mought in the mornings when i wake up.  It is the same taste every  morning other wise i would chalk it up to morning halitosis.  I don't even know how to describe it really  and my tounge feels wierd all the time and has a whiteish film to it even after brushing it has anyone else experienced this. I showed my hubbers and even he was like whoaaa that is wierd lol.   I figure maybe it is just the changes i dunno.  Or am i just crazy   
Consult weight 329
surgery weight 318
current weight 177
goal 165

shvtzn
on 7/16/09 9:45 am
You have thrush.  I got it after surgery also.  It is a result of the breathing treatments and very common.  Call your doctor and get a prescription.  I tried this mouthwash rinse for a week and it didn't work.  Now they have me on a pill - just two pills two days apart.  It is basically a yeast infection.  I was always prone to these anyway, so it's logical.  It is a gross feeling like dry mouth and you can have bad breath.  Mine is getting MUCH better with the prescriptions. Good luck.
Urioste06
on 7/18/09 11:02 am - Baton Rouge
Yea I have it too! Sucks! The nurse gave me a pamphlet on dexram (I think that's the name) that is supposed to help. They advertise on this site too. Someone said on here that it can be caused from the rapid weightloss.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views