Stressing out!

IRAYD8U
on 7/17/09 4:21 pm - MONTICELLO, MN
So I had to be weighed in again today and I've lost 5.5 lbs since Monday.  I still need to loose 4.5 lbs by my surgery date (07/21).  I am positive I can do that.  However, my lab work is stressing me out a bit.  I noticed that my absolute lymphocytes are still high indicating that I am a long term smoker. I quit smoking as of May 16th and am worried they will cancel my surgery because they think I'm still smoking.  I recently spent time with my parents and they both smoke 3 packs/day........I'm wondering if this could have affected my results.  I didn't get to speak with the Dr today and wont find out what they will do until the day of surgery.  At my last teaching session the nurse said if the Dr suspects you of smoking they will do a blood test to determine if you have and cancel surgery if the test is positive.  I'm worried I will walk in they will draw my blood a say I've been smoking and cancel my surgery.  I'm finding it hard to be excited about surgery.......
                    HEATHER
               Join us on the Lightweights Board
 Ask me about our Facebook Chat Group: OH WLS-Lightweights
  36 years old
5'7"   HW 256 / SW 240 / CW 145 / GW 140
(deactivated member)
on 7/18/09 4:29 am
I'm so sorry that you are having so much stress over this.  On the day of my surgery, the only thing they worried about was if I was pregnant or not.  They did a pregnancy test and that was it.   I think you will be fine.  Congratulations for having  quit over 2 months already.  That is fantastic!!!
IRAYD8U
on 7/18/09 10:03 am - MONTICELLO, MN
Well one up side to the whole thing is that stress can cause that lab value to be elevated........maybe that's what it is????? LOL
                    HEATHER
               Join us on the Lightweights Board
 Ask me about our Facebook Chat Group: OH WLS-Lightweights
  36 years old
5'7"   HW 256 / SW 240 / CW 145 / GW 140
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along