July 14 surgery not getting liquids in

profe3
on 7/17/09 12:14 pm - Stockport, IA
Hi,
I am new to posting.  I lurked for a long time.  I just got home from sugery and I am having a heck of a time getting in the liquids and protein.  I ate a sugar free poscicle and it tatsted awsome but I felt so full afterward.  Any suggestions, hints, tips...anything?  Thanks

ps. I called the doc and have to check back tomorrow. 
KristeMitchell
on 7/17/09 1:35 pm
Maybe pick up some isopure at GNC or vitamin shoppe and freeze them into pop?  A bottle has 40 grams of protein and it would probably make 4-6 pops. If you don't care for the flavor, throw some crystal lite in the bottle and mix it up.  Rasberry lemonade is super yummy!  Hope it gets better! Congrats on your surgery!

(deactivated member)
on 7/19/09 1:15 pm
Thanks for the Isopure tip...I'm just post-op from the 14th as well and they have such an aftertaste to me, yet I don't want to waste the money I spent on several bottles.
PoohkinandPiglet
on 7/18/09 2:05 am - TX
I made popsicles out of Isopure too and also froze the lsopure iquid in a baggie then ran it through the blender to make it slushy. 

I'm sipping Low Carb Slim Fast at 10am and 3pm daily to give me a 40 gram protein boost.  I have to sip very slowly but it's getting easier to bump up my protein each day.  It takes time.

Joanna S.
on 7/18/09 10:27 am - Lonaconing, MD
First day home I didn't get nearly enough fluid or protein in.  Second day was a bit better, but not enough.  After 24 hours of clear liquid I was allowed to go full liquid.  This helped enormously.  A scoop of protein powder in SF pudding, protein shakes with skim milk and I got in all the protein.
Isopure is good if you can stand it.  I put the fruit pun*****herry lime crystal light(walmart brand) and got it down.

High354/consult321/pre-op297.6/post-op310.6/current209.2/goal147

You'll never leave where you are until you decide where you'd rather be.

profe3
on 7/19/09 6:36 am - Stockport, IA
Thanks for the tips guys.  I actually went back to the dr. yesterday because I thought I had a leak.  It was just a coincidence that at the same time I had an orange popsicle my drainage tube decided to leak orange as well.  They ran some blood tests and everything came back normal.  The pumped me full of fluids by IV and sent me home.  I am feeling much better today.  I am getting a little more in.  I go back tomorrow to get the drainage tube removed and they are going to do an up GI to make sure there are not any leaks.  Off to walk a little bit. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views