Fear of pills no more...

JulieTX
on 7/16/09 10:58 am - Whitehouse, TX
I feared the pills I will admit.  But much to my surprise, the DAY of surgery, my nurse brought me a pill to swallow.  I am sure I looked at her like she had two head thinking have you lost your every loving mind lady!  The pill was very small so I took it bravely in hand...to my little 2T measuring cup of water and took a little sip.....  I did not die.... in fact, I was amazed that I had no ill effects (of course, I also had my finger on that magic button!)

I continued to get a pill or 2 a day while in the hospital (synthoid and my BP med).

When I got home, I had the need to Tylenol (the one with the quick dissolve holes).  It was a little bigger.  I just took one and took it with a little warm water, which is a tip from a wise freak and NO TROUBLES.

So for those of you like me with big time pill fear and anxiety, take it slow but chances are you will be fine.
Julie

nu.me
on 7/16/09 12:14 pm - CA
That's good to know because I'm dreading having to swallow pills. I keep busy EVERYTHING in chewable or liquid. I didn't use to be like this, but as I have had to take more and more pills, I dread swallowing them.

Tough times never last, but tough people do!
High-258 Surgery-? Current-249.2 Goal-150

KristeMitchell
on 7/17/09 9:26 am
I was worried about that too.  I even crushed up my pill and some vitamins that I couldn't find chewable and it was sooooo nasty that the next night I gave it a try.  No problems.  I took 3 pills with small sips in between and it wasn't bad at all. 

lizdotcom99
on 7/20/09 11:32 am
RNY on 07/13/09 with
I wish I could get my 1/2 of metrormin down as easy as you guys are!! Tylenol.....no problem.  Just can't get my metformin down...and they have been halved!!!  argh!!
On the road to a whole new me and a  shopping spree!!!
Liz

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!