Moved to pureed stage have questions

triaxle
on 7/16/09 8:35 am
Hi to all!    I just started the pureed stage today.  This morning for breakfast I had 1/2 of a scrambled egg with a little pinch of shredded cheese melted on top which was 4 grams of protein.  Lunch I had 1/4 C refried beans with a pinch of cheese melted on top which was 4 grams of protein.  For dinner I had 1/4 C cottage cheese for 6 grams of protein.  It's easy to see that 14 grams of protein is a far cry from the 40-50 I was supposed to get.  ANY SUGGESTIONS?   I'm a little frustrated because I don't know where else to get the other 30 grams from unless I figure out how to drink that horrible carnation again.  What do all of you do at this stage to get the 40-50 grams in??????   Thanks as usual for ALL of your help.
JulieTX
on 7/16/09 11:03 am - Whitehouse, TX
I'm still in a more liquid stage.... but I mixed up mashed potatoes with unflavored protein (15 g).  I add it to lots of stuff.  Really doesn't add any flavor but does seem to add just a hint of sweet.  I also plan to have at least one shake a day (27 g for Bariatric Advantage shakes)

We don't have room for much so we have to continue to pack it in where we can.  I don't always have the full shake. Sometime I just do 4 ounce.  Not a lot of calories for the amount of protein.

Post on the main RNY board as well.  They are great resources for this kind of stuff.

Julie

triaxle
on 7/16/09 10:19 pm
Thanks for the comments  - I did.  I'm headed to Walmart this morning and GNC this afternoon to talk to them.  Have a great day!

PoohkinandPiglet
on 7/19/09 2:34 am - TX

Low Carb Slim Fast--- 20 grams of protein twice a day (at 10:00am and 3:00pm)

I like to freeze it then blend it in the Magic Bullet with a squirt of sugar free Hershey's chocolate syrup.  It comes out thick and creamy like a real chocolate shake.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views