Hi I'm new here

wild_orchid
on 7/15/09 12:43 pm
I have been working toward a surgery date and it was finally tenatively set for the 31st of July.  My Dr. thinks that the ins. co. will give approval by then.  I am starting my liquid diet for 10 days starting Friday.  I am apprehensive about that, but I have come too far to fail on that now.  I live alone so I will be needing support on line.  I do have a son and daughter in law, but they are busy almost all the time with their "stuff".  Also, I am the type person who does not like to be weak or rely on other people, but I know that I am going to need support for this change of living that is starting for me.  I am going to have to rely on you people that have been there and know what this is all about.

wild_orchid

JEllen
on 7/15/09 9:46 pm - Capital Region, NY
Welcome!  I hope everything works out for you.  Let us know how things progress...

Shida77
on 7/16/09 4:49 am
You will be fine! This site REALLY helps a lot.  I'm on Day 11 of 14 and just knowing you have people doing exactly what you are doing is comforting (misery loves company LOL) 

Take Care!
KristeMitchell
on 7/16/09 6:50 am
Glad you are here! This is a great place to be.  I am 6 days out and I have been obsessed since Feb! Good luck!

danacruz
on 7/16/09 11:02 am - Deltona, FL
Welcome! I'm on day 10 of my pre-op diet, and it's been challenging to say the least!  This is a truly wonderful place to be! I've had more inspiration from total strangers than I did from some of my own family..Good luck with your surgery

Take care,
Dana

Dana                           
nu.me
on 7/16/09 12:24 pm - CA
It's hard work being on the pre-op diet but you are going to be fine. You sound pretty determined to just get it out of the way. Try and keep busy with other non-food things. I'm having my surgery next Wednesday and I have been nesting like mad!

Tough times never last, but tough people do!
High-258 Surgery-? Current-249.2 Goal-150

Sabrenia8888
on 7/16/09 9:12 pm - Orlando, FL
I am right there with you. I am on day 2 of my liquid diet and when it gets challenging I come right here to get support. I continue to keep my eyes on the prize and focus on the END result. I would hate to get to surgery and my liver has not shrunk enough. I would be absolutley devasted. Keep your head up and just think its less than 2 weeks now before your surgery.
Ms. Exquisite
"Obstacles are what we see when we take our eyes off the goal"  
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views