July 28th is my surgery date for the distal gastric bypass

robinfrommilw
on 7/15/09 1:09 am - WI
I just got on Monday morning after I drop the kids off to summer day camp. Hubby and I went out to IHOP. We share a breakfast yep love those strawberry pancakes. But no whip cream and no syrup. While I was eating my cell phone rings. It was the surgeon office telling me they have good news. That I have been approved for surgery. So she ask me how fast I want to have my surgery. I said asap! She said we still have openings in July yet. I take the earliest one. So my surgery date is Tuesday July 28th. She said she would call me back what time it will be and hospital and the testing as well as the surgery physical. So I have to be at the hospital at 10:30 and surgery is at 1230 on Tuesday July 28. Went for a test  my stomach for bacteria it was negative. so had to go off my prevacid for 2 weeks. I am missing my prevacid. Then on July 22 I go to the hosptial for all my testing she said to plan to be there 3 to 4 hours be there at 9:15. Got to fast for this one and she tells me for supper no fat foods. Hmm haven't done that in 7 months. Trying to write this down and the lady is waiting for me to pay her. ugh. Then I go to the surgeon office to have my phsyical on July 23rd at 10 am. And dietician appt is Friday July 24th So going to be busy in the next 2 weeks. That went quickly once i was approved. It took 2 weeks since I saw the surgeon. so I guess the surgeon was right that it would be a month took 2 weeks for the approval and then 2 weeks for the surgery as have to get in all the testing in first. I didn't want to get in August as it would be hard on my hubby with the kids. At least they will be in day camp until July 30 the day I come home and they go to cool waters. They go Monday thru Thursday 9 to 4. So I will be able to drop them off that day. Then go to the hospital for my surgery. My husband express to me that he is nervous and scared. I told him I am eicited and nervous, scared all at the same time. How do I get my hubby to understand and not worrry so much about the surgery. I am strong lady and I will be ok. I am going to live a longer happy healthier life. I told him remember when we first met I was a size 12. I felt I was overweight. Then the picture we took together a year before we were married. I believe it was size 18/20. As I remember my dress for our wedding was a size 20.

This was me Fall of 1985  I was age 21

Robin from Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Distal gastric bypass 7/28/09
6 month supervised diet done lost over 50 lbs pre-surgery
My facebook page is:
www.facebook.com/robinfrommilwaukee  (just put that you are from OH in message to add you to my facebook)     
       View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

August 2010 weight 138 lbs lost of 179.5 lbs but gain again since my gallbladder surgery Oct 2010 range recentlly my weight got up to 166 and I was in freak mode. I am now down to 152.6 hoping to get back to 135 and started generic wellbutrin

Sabrenia8888
on 7/15/09 9:50 am - Orlando, FL

WooHoo, CONGRATS on your date. You're 1 day ahead of me so make sure to save me a seat on the losers bench!!!!

Ms. Exquisite
"Obstacles are what we see when we take our eyes off the goal"  
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views