who is sick of jello

nichole24
on 7/14/09 10:26 am
iam soso sick of jello and water i had my sugery a week a go what are you eating
mari F.
on 7/14/09 11:05 am - wichita falls, TX
I have to say I am with you on the being sick of jello.  I have chicken broth that I add a lil cilantro to for flavoring but I don't eat it. I also have crystal light sugar free popsicles that are really good. Can't stand beef broth anymore...loved it in the hospital (go figure) but can't stand it at home LOL  When do you go for your follow up with your doc?
marymazilla
on 7/14/09 11:54 am - GARDEN CITY, MI
are you allowed to have Isopure. fruit flavored drinks yet?

"When we stop running away from the situation that is scary - that is the moment we discover how strong we really are. So, acknowledge your strength...rejoice in it...and start breathing in life, as the beautiful, strong soul (being) that you truly are." - Rachna Sirtaj.......Love & Peace

KristeMitchell
on 7/14/09 2:23 pm

Isopure has been a lifesaver for me the last few days.  Except the Apple Melon...yucky! nasty aftertaste.  I like the blue rasberry and I'm hoping Grape frost is good because that is on the menu for tomorrow. 

AshleyDillo
on 7/15/09 2:33 am - Tallahassee, FL

Yuck..I was sick of Jell-O BEFORE my surgery.  I haven't liked it since I was a kid.  They kept bringing it to me in the hospital and I wouldn't eat it.  Actually I didn't eat any of the stuff they brought me..haha.  I just stole the broth packets.

I've been subsisting on protein shakes and broth.  I love love love the broth and would drink it all day but it's so high in sodium and has very little protein.  I'm so sick of sweet stuff..bleh.

RNY: 7/2009

HW:  361   SW: 320  CW:  157.6

JulieTX
on 7/16/09 11:07 am - Whitehouse, TX
SF popcycles saved me.  By day 4.5, I had 4 ounces of a protein shake.  I was so weak and felt so bad.  Day 5 post op I could go to full liquids.  Once I added the protein shakes I felt so much better.

Hange in there!
Julie

(deactivated member)
on 7/17/09 6:54 am - Glenside, PA
I'm using the unjury protein chicken broth and man, is it good.  I just ordered a big tub of it to use as a base for moisturizing chicken when I can have it. 

I am not sick of jello, yet, but I am tired of water and I was  a HUGE water drinker before surgery.

I also doctored the taste of my protein shakes with that SF flavoring syrup that everyone raves bout.  It made a pleasant difference and I'll keep experimenting.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views