I cryed all day

Colleen1234
on 7/14/09 1:33 pm
My surgery is scheduled for July 22, 2009.  I cryed all day because I am actually afraid of what will happen when I begin to lose the weight so quickly.  AFRAID to be THIN...what in the world is that all about?  Has anyone else felt like this?
KristeMitchell
on 7/14/09 2:20 pm
I'm sorry you are so bummed out.  I have heard that The emotional first aid kit book is really good.  Maybe you should see a counselor.  Does your insurance cover therapy?  You know that this surgery is the best thing for your help because you have jumped through all of the hops.  If you can get your fears under control you will be unstopable.  Good luck!!!!!!!

Sabrenia8888
on 7/14/09 2:22 pm - Orlando, FL

It is going to be fine!!! Our brain is going to take a while to catch up with our body so you have to train your brain to think THIN. This is what my pysch told me. Good luck and I hope things get brighter for you.

Ms. Exquisite
"Obstacles are what we see when we take our eyes off the goal"  
smilenowcryl8r
on 7/15/09 1:44 am - Santa Ana, CA
I am having surgery on the 20th of July and I have been scared *&#$less, but I know that I have to do this for health! I think that we are afraid that as we lose the weight that we will lose ourselves, but we just WON'T let that happen! I will say a prayer for you and am sending you an angel!

'When someone shares with you something of value, you have an
obligation to share it with others!'
Colleen1234
on 7/15/09 1:59 am
Thank yo ufor all of your supportive words.  I did a lot of soul searching and realize that I am not afraid of losing the weight as much as it is of fear of the unknown.  I had a big case of feeling sorry for myself and knowing I will be changed forever is just a bit scary.  I talked it out with one of my friends that had lap band 15 months ago and she helped me understand that  I am  a mother(of 5) and always been a caregiver that it is so hard to be the one that has to be cared for.
  I just have to let go and put me first,  a very hard concept . 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views