I hate chocolate!!

luanne711
on 7/13/09 1:46 am - Bradford, PA
OMG -  I never thought I would say that.

I'm on day 6 of my liquid diet.  I am doing just fine with the Carnation Sugar Free Instant breakfast and as I've mentioned in previous posts, I'm having a tough time finding it in my stores (the sugar free one anyway) and I can only find chocolate!!    

Does Carnation no longer make the French Vanilla flavor?  I am just so sick of chocolate.  Never thought I would hear myself say that  lol 

I was talking to a friend the other day who just happens to be a motivational speaker too and I was telling him about the fact of NO French Vanilla to be found.  He said I have to psyche myself up and just say "OH, I just LUVVVVV Chocolate!!!"   It'll all be worth it. 
(deactivated member)
on 7/13/09 10:24 am
Luanne, I was coming in here to tell you "For Shame!!!" for saying you hate chocolate, lol!!!  But girl, I feel your pain.  Those shakes are killing me!  I went to the store and looked around for something to doctor it up and found in the coffee section some Sugar-free Torani syrups.  I got the Hazelnut flavor and have been adding it to my shakes and it is making life bearable.  My 7yo daughter tried one of my shakes and said it tasted like a cookie and now she always has to have a few sips out of them.  Poohkin and Piglet told me to try adding the SF Hershey's syrup so you might want to try that also.

Good Luck!
JEllen
on 7/13/09 12:36 pm - Capital Region, NY
If you still can only find CHOCOLATE perhaps you could try what i've been doing. It was mentioned in the book Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies....add a little Peppermint EXTRACT- tastes like a peppermint pattie, one evening i tried a little raspberry extract- yummy
and another flavor I love added to my chocolate is ALMOND.
not a lot just enough to flavor the chocolate.

Give it a try- might help add some variety, until you can find the French Vanilla.

PoohkinandPiglet
on 7/13/09 2:50 pm - TX
I found a variety pack of Carnation Instant breakfast not long ago.  It had chocolate, strawberry and vanilla flavors in one package. 

I know how you feel about the protein shakes.  I was so happy when I woke up today that I didn't have to drink them.  Clear liquids was actually a nice change.  Of course, It's back to protein shakes in a couple of days. 

luanne711
on 7/13/09 10:53 pm - Bradford, PA
but do the protein shakes at least come in many flavors?  I added a little bit of imitation vanilla last night, but think I need to add a little bit more.  Need to try and find some peppermint flavoring.  The peppermint sounds like a great variation.   Just one more week plus 2 days to go of this preliminary carnation drinks.  It's too bad that Carnation hasn't figured out who their big drinkers of this stuff are so that they make more sugar free flavors.  Oh well, two weeks is a short time in the big scheme of things  :-)
KristeMitchell
on 7/14/09 1:04 am
Cost Plus and BevMo sell the SF syrups that you can add.  I have always liked chocolate but I have found that the protein stuff is a bit nasty.  I did try a cookies and cream flavor and that was better.  I like vanilla because it is easy to change into tons of other things.  Good luck!

xpydawn
on 7/15/09 9:01 am, edited 7/15/09 9:01 am

I found a strawberry already made shake called Resource Optisourse High Protein drink,,,in strawberyy available only online through walgreens.com It is yummy if you like strawberry milk. They are 8oz pkg like a juice box and each one has 24gm of protein no sugar and 6gms of carbs, The only drawback is that it is sorta expensive, but worth it for the convienience and taste.

Dawn

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!