July 10th - surgery was COMPLETED!

mari F.
on 7/13/09 7:48 am - wichita falls, TX
Well guys, I made it through RNY surgery laparoscopically with flying colors.  I don't recall much from that morning though.  It took a few days to pass gas but boy was I ever thankful for that!  It relieved so much pressure.  Now I am home and doing the liquids just fine.  I had a really bad craving for a cracker but I know that this is a slow process and will again be able to eat normal foods. It is just going to take awhile.  I wish all of you the best of luck for the surgery and a quick recovery.  And remember, it is perfectly normal that the day or two after surgery you are going to be contemplating 'what have i done' but WOW the pain is worth it.  I am already 3 pounds lighter and am looking forward to more coming off in the months to come.  Hang in there July 2009 surgeries!!  IT IS WORTH IT
(deactivated member)
on 7/13/09 10:31 am
So great to hear that you are doing so well.  Never thought I would be eager to hear about gas, lol.  Keep us posted!
KristeMitchell
on 7/14/09 12:38 am
I am so glad you are doing so good! I had my Lap RNY the same day! I don't remember the first day either.  I still have some gas pain.  Last night was really bad.  I wanted to cry.  I think I did too much yesterday. I went to the Vitamin Shoppe, Target, Walmart, and the movies.  I know...too much! They were short trips (no longer than 20 minutes at each, but still). Today I am going to relax and take it easy.  Keep up the good work and you are right, IT IS WORTH IT!

mari F.
on 7/14/09 7:14 am - wichita falls, TX
THANK YOU!  And wow, you have way more energy than me to conquer all of that in one day!  Keep up the good work on the 13 pound loss - that is AMAZING!! 
Jess4healthierme
on 7/14/09 1:17 am - Delmar, MD
Congrats to you!!! I had surgery on the same day too. I'm doing fairly well. Still sore, trying to take care of my son while he's on summer break and he kinda still expects me to get around like before. (You know how kids are). I wish you the best and maybe we can keep in touch since we are experiencing the same things during the same times!! Take care!
mari F.
on 7/14/09 7:12 am - wichita falls, TX

Thanks!  I am glad to hear that you are doing well too.  My 3 kids are in daycare for the first week while I am recovering at home but I am sure when they aren't, they are going to be expecting me to do the same things your son is expecting of you.  Today, I am still on the clear liquids. Sugar free jello, sugar free popsicles, chicken broth, and crystal light (diluted). I for some reason cannot tolerate beef broth or plain water. I gag on both. LOL  But GUESS WHAT?  I am off the pain meds and I actually drove to the bank by myself and tootled around driving for about 15 minutes.  Then came home, relaxed, and ended up taking about an hour+ nap in the recliner. I guess it wore me out more than I thought!  Well, do keep in touch.  It is nice to know that I am not alone in this   You take care as well!  M-

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views