July 22!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RaqAttack
on 7/13/09 4:57 am
Anyone else have their surgery scheduled for July 22? Its only 9 days away!!!!

I'm feeling a mix of emotions, which I'm sure is not uncommon. I feel excited most of the time but every once in a while I feel anxious and nervous. I'm nervous about the surgery itself and about the immediate post-op period up through the first month. I told my husband that I wish I could close my eyes and wake up a month from now :) I'm nervous about all the changes that are coming and nervous that I can't handle it. Overall I'm very positive and excited but these thoughts creep into my mind every now and then.

What are you feeling? What things, if any, have you been doing to prepare yourself for the surgery?

doglover3
on 7/13/09 8:20 am
I am also having my surgery  July 22.  And I also am having the same feelings...excited,nervous, questioning if I am doing the right thing, scared.  But from what I can gather we're right in tune with everyone else who has had it or is waiting to have it.  Just think the surgery will all be over with and we can get to living a fuller, more exciting life.  It's definately going to be different.  I have started drinking my protein drinks trying to get in better health...and can't have the carbs so I have to have something.  We just got back from Pizza Hut where I ate just the toppings off the meatlover's pizza and 3 chicken wings.  Sure wanted the crust but I just looked at it and said nope, not going to do it.   We're gonna get thru the surgery just fine and live happier every after.
xpydawn
on 7/13/09 8:51 am
Hello, Im having ot on July 23rd so one day later...and I have had to be on clear liquids for 2 days now and its killing me!! I was nervous about the surgery now Im feeling like im gonna die from hunger before I ever have it LOL. Heres to the best for you!!
Cynaduq
on 7/13/09 11:14 am
RNY on 07/21/09 with
I am scheduled for the 21st.  Had to get a colonoscopy today which meant fasting since yesterday.  Since I'm now "clean" I decided to just start my liquid protein diet now.  Hopefully I can stick with it.  I do keep looking at all the food around me though.  I too am very nervous. 
RaqAttack
on 7/14/09 12:17 am
Thanks for all the feedback! Its nice to know that other people are going through the same thing and feeling the same things as I am. Good luck to everyone and especially to those who have to do a liquid diet pre-op! That sees so hard and I'm so thankful that the only thing I have to do is give up carbs....and that's been pretty easy. We will get through this surgery with no problems and be on our way to a healthier life!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views