Supplements to Hospital?

butterflydreams
on 7/12/09 10:16 am
I am packing my bag for the hospital. Do I need to bring any of my supplements? I can't for the life of me remember if I need to bring them or not? They are all huge bottles because I ordered 90 day supplies online. I sure hope I don't need to bring them.

I am so nervous right now. I find myself looking for things to do just to fill my mind with something other than the surgery. I have all the things I need laid out and ready to go. I am a complete wreck with my nerves. I am hoping to watch some TV or something to keep my mind from wondering back to Tuesday. I sure hope that calm comes soon. 

~Valerie

dcrowley33
on 7/12/09 10:35 am
Good luck to you on Tuesday! I had my surgery last Tuesday and did not bring the supplements; I don't think you'll need them until you go home. I didn't take mine until Thursday; you probably won't get much down until then. I'll be thinking of you!
cheroity
on 7/12/09 10:38 am - granite city, IL
No , I dont think u need them in the hospital . I am take-n a box of the crystal lite that I like , I love the lemonade and a few friends that had the surgey said u dont always get what u like , so if u can bring ur own so I am . I soooo know how u feel about feeling nervous , I am that plus more ... I will be away from home for almost 2 weeks and I have two kids plus my self to get ready , so I am write-n a DONT FORGET LIST .. I wish u clamness now and in the next few days...Cheroity 
Jeanne C.
on 7/12/09 11:00 am - Marlboro, NY
Hi Valerie...

Being nervous is normal.  Just know that in a couple of days, the whole experience will be behind you.

I had my surgery last Tuesday and actually didn't need most of the stuff. I really overpacked.  I would make sure you have lip gloss or chapstick for sure.  I also bought the 90 day supply of vitamins, but you won't need them until you get home.  The hospital will have orders from your surgeon as to what meds/supplements you'll be taking and they will provide them.  I really couldn't concentrate on reading the book I brought, but the magazines were a good idea.

Also, I thought I'd be showering while I was there, but didn't until I got home.  So the hair dryer, shampoo, conditioner and shower gel didn't get touched.  I didn't even wear my own new white robe that I bought the day before.  It was such a hassle getting my arms though anything with the IV in my arm, I just wore the hospital gowns.

Remember too, that you'll need to bring home the stuff you accumulate while there.  Flowers, cards, magazines, spirometer (little blue breathing exerciser) etc all need to come home with you.

I wish you lots of luck and quick healing.

Jeanne

shelliwi
on 7/12/09 12:06 pm - Sheldon, WI
I was told by my hospital NOT to bring any suppliments or even my own medications. They would supply me with everything I need.
Good Luck to you!
Shelli

High-245 /Lapband-229/Sleeve-175/Current-173/Goal-150   band 7-14-09 revision to sleeve 9-20-11  Shelli from WI                 

IRAYD8U
on 7/12/09 1:45 pm - MONTICELLO, MN
My bariatric center asks us to bring all of the medications w/original bottles we are currently taking to the hospital with us.  They will be evaluating our medications for anesthesia purposes as well as have a pharmacist come in and go over our medications and make sure we will be able to continue taking what we have or need to find an alternative due to the new smaller stoma.  If you don't want to bring the bottle see if you can find a supplement description on a web site that sells the product you are using....I know www.bariatricchoice.com list the supplement facts on their website.  You could print out a copy of the info and bring your pills with........I use a large 7day pill organizer with 4 different compartment and carry the days worth of pills I use with me.  Just a thought.........
                    HEATHER
               Join us on the Lightweights Board
 Ask me about our Facebook Chat Group: OH WLS-Lightweights
  36 years old
5'7"   HW 256 / SW 240 / CW 145 / GW 140
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along