Rny on monday-why am i depressed?

FreeSpirited1
on 7/11/09 12:08 pm
I ve been depressed all weekend...im anxious about the surgery.. i am scheduled to do lap rny but am scared that i will wake up and had been opened up... i cheated a little on my 2 week liquid...not much//a few crackers here and there, pinto beans another day...also my dr said that he is going to have to repair a hernia while he is in there too....mostly i am starving and if i cant even stick to pre op requirements what chance do i have? Im just in a negative state of mind right now... just wanted to get it off my chest
PoohkinandPiglet
on 7/11/09 12:14 pm - TX
I've been emotional all day.  I'm anxious to get it over with and irritated at hubby over this and that, etc...    It's all normal to have crazy emotions right now.  Just take a deep breath, drink your protein and pamper yourself .  You're almost there!

n2deep
on 7/11/09 12:15 pm - XX
I'm sure its just angst.  You know the life you want so after you are given your tools you have to make it work for you.  It's over....do what you are suppose to do tomorrow....do you have to do the laxatives?  No eating after midnight, say your prayers, trust the creator and go in confident.  Each day is a new beginning.  Stay encouraged.  Imagine yourself in that new dress or in those skinny jeans and girl get ready to "rock" the world.

Be the CHANGE in the world...that you want to see 

Mahatma Ghandi

n2deep
on 7/11/09 12:17 pm - XX

I so wanted to do a massage this weekend.  May do one tomorrow to relax myself!

Be the CHANGE in the world...that you want to see 

Mahatma Ghandi

BahamaMami16
on 7/11/09 1:25 pm - Wilmington, DE
Revision on 01/17/18
To bad you don't live in the Delaware/PA area because that is what I do.  I own a mobile spa where I go to my clients homes for skin care and massages. Complete relaxation.
HW~242, SW~226, CW~225, GW~146
Living my life like it's Golden!!

BahamaMami16
on 7/11/09 1:17 pm - Wilmington, DE
Revision on 01/17/18
No worries Sis that is what we are here for!!!  Vent all you want   It could be the lack of food.  I know I've been a little on edge after I started my self imposed "clear" diet. Although I have lost 8 pounds since starting Wednesday But my surgery isn't until 8/11 so I'm stressing about keeping the weight off and staying under the amount I have to lose for my insurance because like you I have slipped up.  Had a yummy slice of white pizza today....I say that to say we are all stressing a little bit could be the fear of the unknown which is a natural feeling.  Stay strong.  Your born day will be here before you know it and next thing you will be posting Divalicous pictures of you profiling :-)
Stay blessed
Keisha
HW~242, SW~226, CW~225, GW~146
Living my life like it's Golden!!

downtownjulibrown
on 7/11/09 1:27 pm - Dallas, TX
Right now you are stressed. I did the same thing. I couldn't even sleep the night b4 my surgery. By the time they got me to the pre-op waiting room I was cool as ice and worried out. Don't worry about small cheats. We've all done it and here we sit post-op like nothing ever happened. You will be ok!

Living in Dallas,Tx.      current weight  233                                                                                               
FreeSpirited1
on 7/11/09 2:06 pm
Thanks ladies...im saying my prayers and making myself go to bed!!!
saletiajohnson
on 7/11/09 2:34 pm - anchorage, AK
Wow! Thats exactly how I feel!!! Jeez, im having the hardest time sticking to my pre-op. My worst fear is waking up and having drains in my stomach. :(
dstgirl2000
on 7/11/09 8:06 pm
He FreeSpirited1,

I think what you are experiencing is perfectly normal.  Like you said you are anxious, and you should have some anxiety.  It should give you pause to think and consider what you are about to journey into.  But also know that you are doing it for your health and well being.  We've all made not so good choices that got us to this point in the first place, but know you have this great opportunity for a "do-over" of sorts.  Once you get past the actual procedure, I know you will do fine with the tool and do what you know you need to do to make it work for you.

I am right here in Charlotte girl if you need me to be there for you and hold your hand!  I can be there first thing in the morning!  Just say word!  I mean it!  Just contact me and let me know where you are.  Do it anyway so I can check up on you afterwards at least.  You are not alone in this!

Count it all joy!  I will keep you in my prayers as well.

Now go pamper yourself today with a manny/peddy cause we don't want the feet to look crusty hanging out that hospital bed....:-)

J
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!