What should I bring to the Hospital????

McIrish
on 7/12/09 4:11 pm - MN

After a long, long, long wait...my day is almost here(July 15th).  Very excited and a little scared but READY!!! 
I was just wondering  anyone has a list of`must haves for the hospital? 
Thanks!

ccavna
on 7/12/09 11:09 pm
Hey there well the only big things I have planned to bring is a change of clothers (loose fitting) My lap top which my wife will keep an eye on while im under My IPOD and some playing cards all to pass the time. The hospitol should cover the rest.
JulieTX
on 7/12/09 11:15 pm - Whitehouse, TX
I took chapstick, lotion, toothbrush and toothpaste, hairbrush, undies, a book and a magazine (which I didn't read much of).  I took a pillow which was a nice support when sitting in the chair and for the ride home...I put it between me and the seatbelt.

I was either sleeping, "eating", or walking.  I watched a little TV.

Julie

triaxle
on 7/12/09 11:26 pm
My surgery was July 1.  The best thing I took was my slippers for walking.  I wasn't allowed to be discharged till I passed gas or had a bowel movement so I made sure I was walking the halls every hour to move things along.  I also took a deck of cards to play with my kids when they came to visit.  Don't forget to take a hair brush - that first shower 48 hours after surgery was a blessing.  I also took pony tail rings to put my hair up since it was so long before I could take a shower.  The hospital provided shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, comb, soap, deodorant.  GOOD LUCK!
McIrish
on 7/13/09 10:17 am - MN
Thank you!
carmelk56
on 7/13/09 10:18 am - Somerville, MA
Your best friend will be chapstick. I brought a change of clothesand toiletries which I did not use as the hospital provided them. Gasex strips will help to move that gas right on out of there. I brought a book which I never opened. I am still sore but feel great otherwise. I ate scrambled egg and cottage cheese along with my protien drink s and I was SO happy to eat  real food for the first time in almost a week!

I am from Ireland, born in Dublin, and I wish you a safe surgery.
 God bless,
Carmel.

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wwaUp2v/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wwaUp2v/blk-weight.png">>

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views