I'm home

JulieTX
on 7/11/09 5:47 am - Whitehouse, TX
Just got home.  Everything went well. 

Had trouble waking up which is typical for me.  Had a little trouble being nausiated when I got out of be the first couple of times, but the nurses were great to give me something quickly.  Did have a short bout of dry heaves, but they quickly passed.

Got up and walked lots as soon as I was able.  Pain was minimal, but I do have a spot on my left side that surprises me ever now and then, but again not bad.

PIlls???!!! They brought me a pill to take the first evening!  I almost had a small panic attack.  It was a very small pill...so with a small sip of water I bravely swallowed....and it was fine!  So I know now that I don't have to be afraid of the little pills

sip sip sipping.....I can't really feel how full I am yet and have no appitite.  

rest rest rest is now my plan so I can heal.
Julie

(deactivated member)
on 7/11/09 7:29 am - Canada
Hello, you must be so happy to have finally had your surgery, I am see-ing my surgeon on wed.
saletiajohnson
on 7/11/09 8:08 am - anchorage, AK
Yay. Its good hearing from you! Im glad everything is well.
n2deep
on 7/11/09 9:36 am - XX
congrats Julie and welcome to a lifetime of health.  I go on Tuesday and am nervous.  Hearing from those who have gone makes me a little less anxious

Be the CHANGE in the world...that you want to see 

Mahatma Ghandi

collinsne
on 7/11/09 10:01 am - Barre, VT

Julie - Glad to hear you are doing well and are back home.  What did they give you in pill form? 

Monday is my turn.

JulieTX
on 7/11/09 10:33 am - Whitehouse, TX
They gave me my synthroid, protonix (which I have melt tabs for at home) and avapro (blood pressure) which I will probably skip for a few weeks.

I feel confident now that I could take one Tylenol and not have any problems.
Julie

PoohkinandPiglet
on 7/11/09 10:52 am - TX
I'm glad to hear you are doing so well.  Awesome!

Ayreka K.
on 7/11/09 12:00 pm - IN
Glad that you're doing well. Keep us updated.

Ayreka
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't slow down and look around, you might miss it" Ferris Buehler     
FreeSpirited1
on 7/11/09 12:10 pm
Congratulations!
Cee *.
on 7/11/09 5:01 pm
Congrats!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views