13th-17th

saletiajohnson
on 7/11/09 2:21 pm - anchorage, AK
I havn't packed either! They have these cool zip up robes at jcp for 24 bucks ima pack. I went and got protien. Im actually starting to stress out!
Cee *.
on 7/11/09 5:27 pm
Had my pre-op testing on wednesday. I have an appt. with my surgeon on tuesday, and surgery wednesday. Have been up, down, and all over this past week, but feeling pretty good right now.

I'm half packed and still need to go get liquid stuff for tuesday and my mag/citrate.
alyzbzee
on 7/11/09 6:15 pm - Lakewood, CA
RNY on 07/14/09 with

I am so excited I can't stop talking about it   
6/16 - X-rays and Upper Gi
6/18 - Blood Work (small veins, but no bruising, never have).
6/19 - Hosp. pre-registration, 1 on 1 w/surgeon, pre-op instructions from obesity center
I am packed and ready to go  
Check in time 7/14 10:00 am, surgery time 2:15.    Here is a list of what I have packed:
Robe, Slippers, Personal Toiletries, Camera, Cell Phone & Charger, Book & Magazine, Chap Stick, Insurance Card, Binder with helpful information received at orientation, My Pillow & Blanket, and OH Cards printed from this site.

No pre-op protein diet for me.  Last meal will be tomorrow (Sunday), liquid diet all day Monday.  I have been stocking my pantry for weeks.  Purchased Isopure from GNC and it is not a shake.  Referigerate & Shake well.  Tastes like watered down kool aid and 40 g of protein!!!

Church on Sunday, and shampooing carpets.  Monday shopping for Anniversary Gift and Hubby's birthday gift while I can drive and do things at a normal pace.

Good Luck, God Bless, and may you all have an un-eventfuly surgery & recovery.  See you all on the loosers bench when I get home, hopefully on or before Friday.

"Ability is what you are capable of doing.  Motivation determines what you do.  Attitude determines how well you do it" - Lou Holtz

Annette 

HW: 324 -  First Consult: 304 - Surgery Date: 293 - Current: 207 - Goal:  165

saletiajohnson
on 7/11/09 7:18 pm - anchorage, AK
Im wondering. Why is it that you didn't have to do a pre-op? Is it because you liver is already small? Or your surgeron just doesn't require it?
My surgery is at 930AM they said just to be there an hour early. They want you there super early!
alyzbzee
on 7/12/09 3:36 am - Lakewood, CA
RNY on 07/14/09 with

I did all my pre-op last month.  No mention was made of my liver, but I am praying and actually on my way to church now that my surgery will be LAP RNY  rather than Open RNY.  No sure the reason for being there super early.  I would imagine there is still other work that needs to be done.  2 yrs. ago I had my gallbladder removed and they nicked my liver.  A 3 day stay became a month long stay.  They brought in nuclear medicine because they were not even sure what the problem was and did not realize they had even nicked my liver. 

Good Luck honey,  I'll pray for you as well.

Prayer Angel 3 Bible 1 

Annette 

HW: 324 -  First Consult: 304 - Surgery Date: 293 - Current: 207 - Goal:  165

McIrish
on 7/12/09 3:53 pm - MN

I'm wondering if it won't take 7 or 8 pokes of a needle to find my veins once I loose weight. Hope so! 
Best of luck on the 14th!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!