Life without Soda and Caffeine

butterflydreams
on 7/9/09 12:30 am
Is anyone else struggling to give up Caffeine and Soda? I am dying for a Diet Coke. I have a child care and it is my source of energy. I have been off of Caffeine now for a week. It's been a struggle (head aches and even shakes). Yes, I was that much of a Diet Coke Head LOL. So I feel like the Cobwebs have not cleared out of my head and I am so flipping tired. I guess I will take a nap when the kids do today. 

I have one more day with the daycare kids tomorrow and we are making it a Zoo day. So I am hoping that I survive tomorrow without my Diet Coke. I imagine it will be fine. I will only have 4 kids tomorrow to watch. Then Saturday is my daughters 2nd Birthday Party and my last time to get a taste of Chocolate Cake.

I will be taking 2 weeks off from the Child Care, my husband is staying home with the kids. Then the following two weeks I have a backup person. My mom is going to be watching the kids and I will be the secondary. Then I am on my own. I sure hope I feel up to it! I think that the hardest part will be not picking them up and like I mentioned in a previous post my daughters like to jump on me(my tummy is like a trampoline)!

n2deep
on 7/9/09 1:05 am - XX
You will be okay!  try the diet green tea it's really good or a caffine free coke.  It sounds like you have it all planned good luck and see ya on the losers bench!

Be the CHANGE in the world...that you want to see 

Mahatma Ghandi

saletiajohnson
on 7/9/09 3:01 am - anchorage, AK
I refuse to give up my one coffee a day! Ive quit smoking... Ive tried sticking to this diet. But coffee is a just something I need working where I work. lol.
poohwho1971
on 7/9/09 4:57 am - United Kingdom

I gave up diet coke in January after reading that it would not be allowed after surgery. Once you get through the first few days, it really isn't that bad ... and yes, I was a 'coke-head' too - I would drink 2 litres a day!!!

Make sure you have something else to hand to drink instead.

Good Luck ... and enjoy the chocolate cake!!!

PoohkinandPiglet
on 7/9/09 6:50 am - TX
I replaced my Starbuck's habit with the Believe Mocha Latte protein drink.  It's a good replacement with 15 grams of protein per bottle.  Click protein is another good alternative.

I gave up diet Dr. Pepper while I was on my six month supervised plan for insurance.  It's wasn't so hard after a week or so.  Now, the carbonated stuff just isn't satisfying.

Enjoy the cake!  I had a last taste of it on my daughter's birthday last week.  It was good but way too sweet for me.

KristeMitchell
on 7/9/09 10:55 am
I hear you! My diet pepsi addiction was bad! I was drinking 2 2 liters a day on a good day.  I felt like I got hit by a truck the first few days.  My saving grace was ice water.  I bought a cute water bottle and kept it full of ice and water.  It gave me something to drink all day long and it was good and cold, just like my DP.  I still miss it but I don't crave it anymore.  When I want something different I have crystal light.  I like the rasberry lemonade.  Good luck! It's worth it.  And if it is any help my surgeon said that one cup of coffee or tea a day is just fine a month after surgery.  Take care!

Whitney H.
on 7/10/09 5:22 am
I'm a few days out of surgery and still wishing I could get my diet-coke fix. I saw a girl buy a soda from a machine today, and I wanted to scream. Nonetheless, I know the cravings will get better. I'm also finding I enjoy the taste of juice and crystal light again. Please know that you are not alone and I'm cheering you on!
I live in Houston, TX and teach elementary school.

MsCindy
on 7/10/09 11:58 am
 If I can't have my coffee, I will have to consider an IV drip.
lizdotcom99
on 7/11/09 12:28 pm
RNY on 07/13/09 with
Diet coke head used to be here too!!  I drank at least 10 20oz bottles a day!!!  I quit in January....right around the 1rst,  knowing I was thinking about going through with surgery.  It was hard that first week or so.  I switched to sobe Life Water.  I really like the Fuji Apple flavor.  I have been told this may not be a good substitute though because of the sugar alcohols. 

I too have become quite happy with a nice cold bottle of water.....and just tonight, I was thinking that I can't really believe how much I ENJOY a bottle of water.  I NEVER thought I would be one to say that!

Now...going to figure out how I am going to deal with the no tea thing!!!!  Methinks I will have to be finding some new caffiene free yummy tea!

Best of everything!!!
On the road to a whole new me and a  shopping spree!!!
Liz

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!