Kinda Gross, but I hope normal

Shida77
on 7/8/09 6:36 am
Today is my Day 3 of the 2 week pre-op liquid diet.  I can only have liquids, I'm not one of the ones that gets an actual meal.  So, today I go to use the potty and had a problem.  My stool was very very loose (Sorry TMI) and now I feel empty and weak.  I was fine earlier! I'm just wondering is this part of the stages I will go through or is this strange.  I'm sure I can't get sick from just protein shakes and Jell-o but it kinda scared me!

Again, sorry TMI
luanne711
on 7/8/09 7:07 am - Bradford, PA

although I'm not as far along as you (day 1 for me) and liquid only too, what you're describing sounds extremely normal.  Just imagine how long it takes for your food to digest through your system.  Plus you're drinking lots of fluids which will make your stool much looser.  And the fact that you're feeling empty and weak.  Empty is good, that's what the doctor wants to be able to work with.  Weak.....you might be having a sugar withdrawal.  I'm having a headache today and I never get headaches, but I also think it's a sympathy thing going on for myself.

Hang in there Shida.  :-)  When is your surgery?  Mine is the 22nd.

Luanne

collinsne
on 7/8/09 10:09 am - Barre, VT
I'm on Day 11 of my pre-op diet.  I can have shakes or certain low carb/low fat foods.  I've been mixing it up.  I probably am not drinking enough water yet.  I'm having the oposite problem.  I've only been able to go about every 3rd day (and need I take a stool softener).  I'm not even taking the iron supplements yet.

Nancy

HW 358 - SW 267 - CW 228 - GW 170
PoohkinandPiglet
on 7/8/09 10:51 am, edited 7/8/09 10:52 am - TX
Unfortunately, it's normal.  Liquid in=liquid out  for some people.  I had the opposite effect for the first few days and felt bloated and couldn't go at all.  It's all just a shock to the system.

LisaAnn1969
on 7/13/09 8:56 am - Lonsdale, MN
Okay you want to hear a TMI...lol

I had surgery last monday, and was discharged last wednesday....so wednesday night I go to bed and wake up at 1 am to find I had pooped my bed...it was so gross, I was in tears and pain as I went to the bathroom to clean myself up and then still crying woke my husband who I did not want to him to roll over in it...he was kinda pissed at first (for waking him up) then said...its just the medicine honey.

so yep i have the runs everyday.....but at least not in my bed anymore..lol
Lisa
RNY 7-6-09

Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired. Robert Frost

"Living hell is the best revenge."

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 724 views
Still trucking along