A week to go! July 14th, 2009

butterflydreams
on 7/6/09 11:40 pm
Exactly one week from today. I am starting to freak out a little. I know I'll be fine! My daughters are not going to know what is going on (age 3 and age 2). I think it's going to be as much an adjustment for them as me. They won't be able to jump on me. They love to rough house and have tickle fights. It is going to be hard to make them understand that I can't have them playing rough around mommy's belly.

I am getting excited though. I am looking forward to getting this over with. So I can start working towards the new me. I want to get a bike. I might hit some garage sales this weekend and see if I can find one. I used to love to bike ride when I was a kid. So hope I remember how to do it! LOL

PoohkinandPiglet
on 7/7/09 12:04 am, edited 7/7/09 12:04 am - TX
I'm counting it down with every protein shake meal I complete!  It'll be here before we know it.
n2deep
on 7/7/09 4:18 am - XX

I found a beach cruiser bike (the one with the big seat, big tires, and breaks on the pedal) at walmart it was like 98.00 bucks and its a hoot to ride!!

Be the CHANGE in the world...that you want to see 

Mahatma Ghandi

Joanna S.
on 7/7/09 6:23 am - Lonaconing, MD
Now that sounds like my kind of bike!

High354/consult321/pre-op297.6/post-op310.6/current209.2/goal147

You'll never leave where you are until you decide where you'd rather be.

butterflydreams
on 7/7/09 10:25 am
 That would be the perfect bike! I might break down and buy one from Walmart this weekend. 
~V

saletiajohnson
on 7/7/09 4:31 am - anchorage, AK
I want a bike too! Its been so beautiful out. Too bad I live in AK where we only ride bikes 3 days out of the year LOL.  Im way too excited I can't even sleep at night!
Joanna S.
on 7/7/09 6:21 am - Lonaconing, MD
One week for me too!  As my daughter and I walked by the bikes in Walmart today I pointed to one and said, "I'm gonna get that one!"  (I'm 46) Somehow I don't think she believed me. :)
Joanna

High354/consult321/pre-op297.6/post-op310.6/current209.2/goal147

You'll never leave where you are until you decide where you'd rather be.

PoohkinandPiglet
on 7/7/09 8:27 am - TX
I love my bike.   I might bust it out of the garage when October rolls around.  It's been 103 degrees in the shade with 98 percent humidity.  The only thing I can do outside right now is sit in the swimming pool.    

I wish I lived in Colorado during the summer! 

(deactivated member)
on 7/7/09 9:45 am
I don't think I've been on a bike since 6th grade.  Unless you count those one-wheeled kind at the gym...
MaryMargaretG
on 7/8/09 8:36 am - Medina, OH
My surgery date is the 14th too.  I just got back from my PAT.  It took all day.  Also met with my doctor.  Everything looks good.

Good luck and lets keep in touch and see how we are both doing!

Mary G
Mary

I am on my way.  What a ride it has been.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Sharing

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 724 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 985 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!