Failure!

KristeMitchell
on 7/8/09 6:03 pm
You can stick to it! Just keep going.  If you mess up, just move on! I'm having surgery on Friday and today I ate chicken nugguts and chinese food chicken(nasty I might add...) I felt like a failure too.  I have been doing so good but yesterday I had frozen yogurt and then today.  I think it was feeling like I won't eat for quite awhile.  I feel like a loser but I cannot change what I did.  All I can do is keep going, and you can too! 

saletiajohnson
on 7/9/09 2:51 am - anchorage, AK
Dang I can't believe your surgery is already tomorow! Good luck with everything!
KristeMitchell
on 7/9/09 3:11 am
Thanks and best of luck to you if I don't catch you before Tuesday! I wish us both uneventful textbook surgeries! See you on the other side!

cjr3233
on 7/10/09 1:00 am - Chicago, IL
You young ladies are bringing a strong man to his knees. If i was not on this site and didn't know the good people in my life i would not be having this procedure. This site has made me laugh, cry, and really think serious. I am having my say on tuesday, 7/14/ 2009. I wish you the best and think its to late you are already there. The young lady who is having her say today. CONGRATS!  I was actually feeling down before i read the surgery dates post.

Thank You All
Curtis J. Robinson
MsCindy
on 7/10/09 11:51 am
 I am starting my pre op diet in a couple of weeks and just thinking about doing it is killing me.  I dieted for so long, Atkins and South Beach most recently and the thought of high protein low carb is scary, but I will do it.  I would try not to get super hungry and step up the protein.  It works for me to have a part skim mozarella cheese stick between meals, or chicken strips, or other protein snack.  If I get super hungry it is too late.
linxey
on 7/10/09 3:48 pm - Vancouver, Canada
HI all,

I TOTALLY understand.  I have one week to go to surgery and this high protein no carb/sugars was so scary and the anxiety of not being able to do it was killing me last Monday. I love the "high protein"...really hard to get for a vegetarian like me

But it is one week later and yes, I have faltered a couple of times, but we are only human and we do have food addictions and we all need to remember that.  It is a little easier now and I know I am into the home stretch.

Hang in there.....I keep telling myself I need to do this to have a safe surgery...sometimes that works and sometimes not (like tonight running doing errands, had chocolate).  Do anything you can to keep going on.  It's not forever and there will be a fabulous outcome at the end.

Imagine yourself in a gorgeous outfit and how that will make you feel!

Take care and don't be so hard on yourself.

Carole
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!