Failure!

saletiajohnson
on 7/6/09 5:33 pm - anchorage, AK
I can't stick to my pre-op diet! Everyone is like well if you cant stick to this then you will never succeed. Well! I feel like Im never gonna eat them again. I actually follow it pretty well until I get super hungry then I just wanna grab whatever and eat!
tnmiller
on 7/6/09 8:50 pm - Sulphur, LA
Just take one day at a time.  That is what I have done and before you know it, it is surgery day!  Today is my surgery day so I completely understand what you are going through.  It will be alright. I know that it is hard now but it will be easier after the surgery is done.

BBarker
on 7/6/09 10:26 pm - Chino, CA
I understand the way you are feeling. I go through this too. Like the other post take it one day at a time. If this was easy we wouldn't need WLS. I know you can do it as can I. My surgery is next week also on the 15th. Just remember to keep positive people around you and in your life. You need supportive people around you. I have found help with this website when I am feeling down and like I cant do it. I believe you are in the right place. Good luck to you.............
Sabrenia8888
on 7/6/09 10:41 pm - Orlando, FL
Hi Saletia - Just to put some cushion on this, I have been on liquid diet for 2 months and yes it has been the hardest thing ever. However I have lost close to 20 lbs and I could have done more but of course I was not faithful. So you have to look at the end results and say yes I want this to happen and I want this to take place.
Ms. Exquisite
"Obstacles are what we see when we take our eyes off the goal"  
2_be_me_again
on 7/6/09 11:48 pm
We are not faliues girl!   We are human.  We are food additics.  We have each other to get through this!!  I messed up on day 1 of the pre-op diet.  There - I said it publically.   This surgery will somewhat prevent us from "failing" ourselves if we slip up and eat something not on the program.  If we are lucky enough...we'll have the dumping syndrome to keep us in check!

NO MORE ...."faliure" talk girl.  We are WINNERS!  Tell the haters to beat it and stop watching your every move!!!

HUGS>>>>

B
AT GOAL in 336 days...!
SW / CW / GW
299 /174.5/ 175
6' tall - size 10

PoohkinandPiglet
on 7/7/09 12:02 am - TX
If you are starving and have to have something else make sure it's a protein---chicken breast, scrambled egg, tuna, cheese, turkey burger patty, etc...   It will curb your appetite and shouldn't inhibit your weight loss unless you go CRAZY.
cfirered
on 7/7/09 1:51 am - Va Beach, VA
It will get better you do not have much longer to go.  I know in my pre op diet I cheated a little but the 4 days before surgery it was pure liquid and it was hard but hey you will do fine after surgery!!!  Don't worry so much!!!  You will be fine just try your best!!!
n2deep
on 7/7/09 4:22 am - XX
I understand it has been pretty hard.  But its not that you won't be able to have those things again...you will...only in moderation and smaller portions.  Get creative....get jello, eat popsicles...think about what your life will look like in a month or so!!

Be the CHANGE in the world...that you want to see 

Mahatma Ghandi

luanne711
on 7/8/09 6:17 am - Bradford, PA
I totally feel your frustration.  I just started my 2 week liquid diet today.  I'm trying to not focus on the fact that I won't be able to eat even a piece of cheese, but it's all good.   Let's see how I'm feeling tomorrow  :-)  As someone mentioned, one day at a time.  Just know that you're not alone in this journey and we're all gonna tough it out together  :-)

It's 4pm and I've only had 3 shakes, so I can have 3 more today. 

Is anyone else on Carnation Instant Breakfast (sugar-free) and are you having a hard time finding it in stores? 

Also, I know that I can fill up on unlimited amounts of sugar free beverages too.  Water, Crystal Light, Diet Snapple.  I was also told that I could enjoy 1 sugar free popsicle per day.  All I've been doing is peeing today.  I can't wait to go to bed tonight.  Time will pass much quicker  :-)

Hang in there ladies.

Luanne
Laura_Illinois
on 7/10/09 11:49 pm - Morris, IL
Regarding the Carnation Instant Breakfast (sugar-free); I couldn't find either.

All I could find at Walmart is the regular Carnation Instant Breakfast. Let me know if you find a store that sells it. I wanted some in my pantry for "after" surgery.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 724 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 985 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views