Pre-Op HEADACHE

Lauren D.
on 7/7/09 6:01 am - Lorain, OH
Hi all of my fellow July-ers....

Today is day 2 of the pre-op diet.  I have the worst headache and feel weak and tired.  Anyone else feel this way?  And, I am starvinggg.  I can have 3 protein shakes a day plus one small meal (chicken breast and vegetable).  

But my headache, OMG, whyyy??  
       I count protein, fluid ounces, and my blessings everyday. 

PoohkinandPiglet
on 7/7/09 7:38 am, edited 7/7/09 7:38 am - TX
Day 2 of the liquid diet was my worst day as I had a KILLER headache.  I think it's the change in eating-- withdrawal from carbs and caffeine, etc....   It will get much better in a couple of days.   Drink a lot of water--it helps tremendously.

You can do it!
Lauren D.
on 7/7/09 9:43 am - Lorain, OH
 thanks!

JulieTX
on 7/7/09 7:38 am - Whitehouse, TX
If your calories have dropped a lot since your eating before, it could be a reaction to your body adjusting.  It should pass. Keep drinking lots of other liquids -
Julie

(deactivated member)
on 7/7/09 9:26 am
the headache should go away tomorrow.  I am on day two as well and I am slowly starting to feel better.  Be very thankful that you can have at least one meal per day.
Lauren D.
on 7/7/09 9:45 am - Lorain, OH
 Ohhh I am EXTREMELY grateful that I can have a meal.  Extremely.  I couldn't imagine how much worse I'd feel right now if I couldn't.  Mad props to those who can't!

Mary A.
on 7/7/09 11:03 pm
your body is possibly working out the details on what you are lacking.....remembr now you have gone from eating, to consuming most of your calories/energy etc from protein drinks.

make sur eyou are taking a multi vitamin also and please NOT Flinstones~!!!!

this wouldn't be a bad time to up your calcium citrate...not sure how old you are, but it will be something you will have to take after surgery for the rest of your life, so why not get a jump on it now

the headache will go away and at this point you can still take headache medicines....my surgeon also allowed me a (sensible dinner)...

the first 3-4 days will feel like torture....but it will all subside...just remember what you are doing this for...for you to be healthier and more energetic..

remember you can drink SF items in between and I believe you can have items like SF  Jello (not sure).

Lauren D.
on 7/8/09 1:17 am - Lorain, OH
Thank you for taking the time to reply.  I am already feeling a little better this morning (Day 3).  I am still taking my Women's One-A-Day while I can, and 1000mg of calcium citrate.  I have a "bad" spine, so the calcium is already part of my supplement regimen.

Thanks again!  Looking forward to the day when I can answer someones questions, like you've all helped me, "the newbie". 

Shida77
on 7/8/09 1:33 am
I'm on Day 3 YAY! The headache I had uesterday is basically gone....and I'm so happy! It got so bad all I could do was lie down and sleep.  I can only have liquids, so be blessed that you get that dinner LOL! I think I'm getting acustomed and I dont feel as tired.  I saw my surgeon yesterday and he advised to stay hydrated because when we feel tired it's really not being hungry, it's being dehydrated! So, water with Crystal light or any of those sugar-free tasty things are my best friend along with broth and sugar-free Jell-o.Good Luck, I know we ALL can do this!!!!!
Lauren D.
on 7/8/09 4:13 am - Lorain, OH
 I know we can do it, too! (We sound like a Nickelodeon show, like Dora the Explorer)  We can do anything!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 724 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 985 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views