July 14

n2deep
on 7/6/09 5:00 am - XX
Hello all
I'm schedule for July 14th.  I haven't been the best on the liquid/protein.  I'm allowed two shakes a day and a meal of meat and two veggies.  Have been doing okay, but find myself saying goodbye to foods and drinks that I won't be able to have for a while.  What I've realized is that its not goodbye forever its good bye and I will see you again in moderation!!  Think now that I've realized that I may be able to stay more focused. Any Ideas?

Be the CHANGE in the world...that you want to see 

Mahatma Ghandi

PoohkinandPiglet
on 7/6/09 12:33 pm - TX
I'm having surgery the same day.  I'm drinking protein shakes and lots of water in between.  Honestly, I'm not hungry but tired of the protein shakes already.
saletiajohnson
on 7/6/09 1:36 pm - anchorage, AK
14th here too. Let me be completely honest. I haven't been too good on my "30" carbs a day. Atkins style. Yuck, im not a big meat eater.  I find myself thinking that same thing! Im glad to hear im not the only on strugling.
(deactivated member)
on 7/6/09 2:46 pm
Congratulations on your surgery date!  I'm not have the best time on this two week pre-op diet either, but I'm trying to remember to see the bigger picture.  What am I drinking these shakes for?  If I can remember that then hopefully I'm going to be fine.  Good Luck to you!!!
n2deep
on 7/7/09 2:01 am - XX
I've done atkins before and have been successful and am pretty much doing atkins now.  I'm just having a problem with doing the two shakes and nothing else  I'm a grazer so I'm munching on nuts and things like that but I'm determined to do better.  I do preop tomorrow and a weighin at my doctors office....and then its over until next tuesday.  By this time next week I will be out of suregery and on the path of recovery.

Be the CHANGE in the world...that you want to see 

Mahatma Ghandi

koya09
on 7/7/09 9:09 am

my surg date is July 14th as well, I'm having the band  done, thank god I have no pre-op instructions( that i can say now) i go and see the dietitian on Fri, I'm sure she may tell me something preop and post op, I bought the protein drink Whey from walmart, haven't tried it  might taste it tom... anyway congrats on ur surg day and best wishes on a quick recovery....

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 724 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 985 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views