Anyone else have to do pre-surgery liquid diet?

dcrowley33
on 6/24/09 3:27 am, edited 6/24/09 3:27 am
I started my liquid diet yesterday. I've made it so far but it is challenging. I know I can do it! I'm taking the Slim Fast route (a mix of regular and low carb) and supplementing with broth and lots of sugar free jello. I think the first few days are going to be the toughest. I also think the build up to when you have to start is a lot too; it's good to be able to finally get going. I was ready to start; the anticipation of the last supper was too much! My surgery date is 7/7. Good luck to you!
logansmom243
on 6/25/09 11:41 pm - Acushnet, MA
My doctor only requires a one week liquid diet. And thats only for people who didn't loose enough weight pre op. I am thinking now that maybe I should start my liquid diet today though. Crap too late already had wheat toast. mmmmm maybe I will start this afternoon anyway. I don't know.
Nissa W.
on 6/26/09 11:40 pm - Cloquet, MN
Good day! I started my liquid diet 6/24 & it's been going great! Doctor requirements for me are to have 64 oz. of liquid a day: 1 scoop of whey protien, 5 scoops of sugar free carnation breakfast (in the blue box/can), 5 cups of 2% milk. That is for my whole day. I can have broth, sugar free jello, water, decaf coffee, sugar free juices to make up the rest of the requirement of oz.

I am really surprised that I have gone 3 days with no food, who would've thought?

Take care

JEllen
on 6/30/09 6:11 am - Capital Region, NY

YES! on may 21st saw the nurse & P.A. @the doc's. Determined that i need to loose 27lbs preop. I asked if i could do ATKINS- they said YES so that was good. @1st I was eating 4/5 slices of bacon 2/3 eggs 4 bfast blk coffee, water. lunch subway salad with tuna-no dressing or an antipasta! dinner chicken/or steak/ double cheeseburger xtra pickle- no bun. by the time i went back I had lost 11 lbs according to doc's scale.
started MEDI-FAST this past saturday june27th - 5 shakes daily- 1 cup chicken or beef broth. really am very surprised that i feel so well. not hungry- I hope this continues because i have to go all the way to July 22 on Medi-fast!! the good thing is I'll be below my presurg weight when i have the surgery. it is a bit rough fixing meals 4 hubby though.....

alyzbzee
on 7/4/09 8:23 am - Lakewood, CA
RNY on 07/14/09 with
I am scheduled for 7/14 and the 2 week liquid diet was entirely up to me.  I tried it one day using a whey protein drink my son buys.  I did 3 shakes and the taste is not bad but the smell I just could not tolerate.  It reminded me of opening up a bottle of pre-natal vitamins.  I hate the smell of opening up a bottle of vitamins or the smell of vitamins in anything I drink.  After 3 shakes, I decided I was not going to do this, just cut way back on what I eat and increase my walking every night.  Not much change in the weight, but the way I see it, I will have absolutley no choice come the 14th.  I am going to buy Isopure for my protein drink.  It supposedly tastes like gatorade.  I will go to GNC tomorrow to pick up a couple of different flavors to try.

Good luck everyone

Annette 

HW: 324 -  First Consult: 304 - Surgery Date: 293 - Current: 207 - Goal:  165

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 724 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 985 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views