Anyone else have to do pre-surgery liquid diet?

AFRICAT
on 6/24/09 12:18 pm - Rich Mind, VA
mine is on the 29th...the more i read, the more i know, but the more i know, the more i am feeling overwhelmed! i'm officially admitting to being lost. ya'll seem to know so much!

v

KristeMitchell
on 6/23/09 2:59 am
I have to do the low/no carb thing too.  I started yesterday.  I started taking L-Glutamine to help with the sugar cravings.  It seems to be helping but it's only been one day.  You can still have BBQ, just eat the hotdog and hamburger without the bun.  Or grill up some steak, chicken, veggies.  Just think, next year at this time we will be skinny maybe sitting around in cute shorts and tank tops (or maybe even a swimsuit!!!).  I am so excited!!!

(deactivated member)
on 6/22/09 2:21 pm - Peabody, MA
I am scheduled for surgery on July 7th and I am starting a liquid diet tomorrow, two weeks before the big day.  I will be doing HMR which isn't too bad taste wise.  The chicken soup flavor is disgusting but the vanilla and chocolate is pretty good considering.  Good Luck!!
mike460
on 6/22/09 8:31 pm - freeport, IL
RNY on 07/27/09 with
Its not that bad try changing it like put some fresh Berry's in a blender and mix it good put a packet of splenda with fiber. or try if you like coffee put that in a blender with vanilla protein powder if you like it iced put ice in blend it really good . you just have to find what you like and experiment a bit some will be nasty and others you might really like use your imagination.and have fun with it i never liked them at first but i came up with a couple i really like one of my favorites is put skim milk in blender some ice and chocolate protein powder blend until its like a shake.yum!

Michael A Thruman Sr

grigri
on 6/23/09 6:21 am - Lumberton, TX
I started the liquids yesterday (surg date 7/6) and it is killing me!  I'm drinking Slim Fast Low Carb and have Unjury and Bariatric Advantage on the way.  I have a stomach of steel, but the Slim Fast is making me nauseated.  I like the taste, until I get about 3/4 into the can and I start getting nauseated.  It eventually goes away.  I have blended and poured over ice.  I've tried all the flavors.  I'm hoping the Unjury or Bariatric Advantage will do me better.  AND I'm starving.  I am sooo sorry I'm whining.  This is totally worth it.  I'm sure it will get better.  I'm wondering if I could get the same effect just eating no carb? 

PoohkinandPiglet
on 6/23/09 8:48 am - TX
Buy a bottle of sugar free Hersheys syrup and squirt a little in the chocolate or add some Torani sugar free flavorings to the vanilla.  I think it helps.  I tolerate it better when it's ice cold so I put mine in the freezer 20 minutes before I drink it.

I like the Slim Fast better because it's thick.  To me the Bariatric Advantage is thinner.  Someone suggested adding a little bit of sugar free pudding powder to thicken it up.  I don't start my full liquid diet until July 2 but I've been having a shake for breakfast each day to experiment .

Good luck!   You can do it!  You're almost to the finish line then you get to start a new journey. 

grigri
on 6/23/09 9:19 pm - Lumberton, TX
Thanks so much for your response and support.  I've got my eyes on the prize!

Jackie717
on 6/23/09 3:03 pm
I have to do 1 week low cal diet and then 2 weeks liquid .. protein shakes and bars that the program has chosen.  then I drink the same after the surgery.    I go for my 3 week doctor appt. on thurs. and I get to start this all on friday :)  Im not sure how its gonna taste.. yikes!
2_be_me_again
on 6/24/09 12:11 am
On June 23, 2009 at 10:03 PM Pacific Time, Jackie717 wrote:
I have to do 1 week low cal diet and then 2 weeks liquid .. protein shakes and bars that the program has chosen.  then I drink the same after the surgery.    I go for my 3 week doctor appt. on thurs. and I get to start this all on friday :)  Im not sure how its gonna taste.. yikes!

HIJACK... Hi Jackie,

I see your with the NEW Program!  I haven't seen too many Quebberman folks on OH...   Your about a week or so ahead of me!  I'll be looking for your post op blog.... I defininatly want to hear how everything goes!  I really like Quebberman!

What's your take on the "program fee"?  I have my MD appointment with them on July 2nd... I'm so egar to get past this liquid diet requirement.

Hugs...

Brandi

AT GOAL in 336 days...!
SW / CW / GW
299 /174.5/ 175
6' tall - size 10

Jamie W.
on 6/23/09 11:44 pm - Manchester, NH
I have to start my 2 week pre-op liquid diet on 7/6 as my surgery is 7/20, so I plan on really enjoyingmy last 4th of July bindge. The diet my doctor gave me is stage 2 liquid diet which consists of s/f applesauce, s/f yougurt w/o fruit, s/f popsicles, protien drinks, broth soups, lots of water w/crystal light. I'm not looking forward to it but I am focusing onthe prize in the end. This is just the begining of my make over. Good luck to you and keep us posted as I find the message board to be most supportive.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 724 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 985 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views