No appetite, yet - Eating to sustain life only!

4Synergy
on 10/22/07 10:13 am - Chester, VA
Well, I don't have an appetite at all. Don't care to eat ... don't enjoy eating. I almost forget to eat everyday. Sooo, after visiting my Nut, I decided to eat according to my outlook calendar - 8-9 brkft, 12-1 lunch, & 5-6 dinner. NOW, my portions are crazy right now - doc says not to worry, yet! I eat less than three tablespoons of food each meal. I have had the EGD done, they did find an ulcer however my opening hadn't tightened, at that time. I am scheduled for a follow-up EGD on Wed. I LOVE skim milk w/ ice ... I can drink a 8 oz glass over the course of 30 minutes or so. At first, I hated skim milk and CIB. NOW, CIB twice a day is my "fall-back" in case I don't get in the meals. All WHEY powders taste too sweet to me so I am searching for non-flavored Whey to add to drinks so that I get in the protein. The most high protein meal that I eat weekly is Liver. My understanding is that one piece has about 80-95 grams of protein. So, between that and tuna...backed with my milk.....I am able to get (about 40-60g) in the protein over the course of the day. I really hope things will change soon - I would like to be able to eat one cup of food at a meal. I am losing weight rapidly-I am at 80+ pounds lost. I take my vitamins religiously. Just, never hungry. So instead of enjoying eating like I use to - I know eat to sustain life8
sallyone
on 10/22/07 8:35 pm - DIberville, MS
I am just like you... I dont get hungry and I dont like to eat any more. I eat because I have to not because I want to. I have had 3 strictures so far so I dont like to eat cuz it always leads to me throwing up... LOL I am also addicted to skim milk with ice... I drink it ALL THE TIME... I know that is where I get most of my protein. I can only eat maybe 2 or 3 tiny bites of food at at time and I have to watch out what I eat since my pouch is very very picky... one day it stis fine then the next day blaaahhhh. I am very sensitive to oil/butter and spicey things. I love the idea of eatting according to the outlook calendar... I need to do that too. GOOD LUCK and congrats on your weightloss so far... you are doing awesome
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views