Hey

razzlefairy0
on 10/22/07 10:41 am - Mt.Sinai, NY
hey guys! my scale seems to be stuck in the low 280s and does NOT wanna move! i feel like i've been going up and down from 284 to 282 to 283 to 281 etc... for like the past two weeks...maybe i'm not getting enough water, or not eating enough food???!!! ive been trying to get on an excercise schedule but i just started a new job a few weeks ago and ive been doing orientations and training classes and then i actually started work so by the time i get home, its MY time and i'm beat! i had my surgery on july 16 and started at 331 lbs and my scale tonite said 282 so i almost lost 50 but i feel like i'm on a plateau and its driving me nuts! is it normal to plateau at 3 months out??? Lex
P. B
on 10/22/07 10:35 pm - Franklin, WI
Hi, I am going thru the same thing right now. I started at 320 before my pre-op diet and I'm down to 253 but I lose on and off but very very slowly and I hate it. I am eating enough but not exercising enough because of my job and I too will try to improve on that. But I been saying again and again if I could have eaten right and exercised on a regular bases I would not have needed the surgery. I'm very afraid that this won't work for me at this point. I still have problems with my night eating (which I work on every single day and I can't eat as much as I did pre-op) and I still have the exercise thing but seems things are heading back to my old bad habits, help! I hate the saying that we have a tool and we have to work it as far as I'm concerned that comment comes from people that are as scared as I am because my tool is not cutting it. Thanks for your comment because it helped me to get my issue out and I hope that having someone in your shoes helps you not feel alone with regards to your setbacks. Best to you always...Pam
Jean M. B.
on 10/23/07 12:24 am - St. Cloud, MN
Hi, Pam! I know it's frustrating when the losses come so slowly. Try to remember that the wt WILL come off and make sure you are getting in all your protein and water. I get afraid to eat some times because I'm scared I'll fall back in my old habits. That's not good either because I don't get in all the protein I need to. But, that fear has forced me to find something else to do in place of eating and it's getting easier every day. Good luck to you and congrats on your loss of 67lbs! That's fantastic! Jean
P. B
on 10/23/07 12:38 am - Franklin, WI
Hi Jean, Thanks so much for the advice and support I really really appreciate it. I will continue to try and get better every single day....I will not let something as insignifigant as food control and ruin my life ever again. Thanks to everyone especially the person that started this post so I don't feel so alone....Pam
Jean M. B.
on 10/23/07 12:16 am - St. Cloud, MN
Hi, Lex! I am just over 3 months out and am expecting a stall. From what I've read on this MB, that is common. Most people have said to get back to basics, protein, water, vitamins and calcium and walk, walk, walk, to break out from a stall. Also, it's important to remember that we are all different in how our bodies shed the pounds. As long as you are loosing, even a little, you are progressing! Hang in there...it will go! Jean
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views