Revision done- Thanks to all of your *****sponded to my original post

MiniMimi
on 10/3/07 11:33 pm - Houston, TX
I had a revision of my stricture done on Tuesday. It went well and I came home yesterday. They said I had a lot of scar tissue. They are fairly certain this willl fix the issue, but now I have to start over with clear fluids and then soups-yadayadayada. I am so pleased that most of you are doing so well. I hope to join you guys in being happy with my surgery. I was really doubting I had made the right decision despite the 65 lbs I lost in 10 weeks. I was miserable due to the vomiting and dehydration and hunger. I am hoping to have a "normal" recovery this go round. Thanks again to all of you who supported me when I was freaking out. Misty
H A.
on 10/4/07 12:04 am - NOR CAL, CA
Hi Misty I'm sorry you had so much trouble and I hope that thing start going much better for you. I'm not quite sure what the revision entails did they put it all back to normal? In any case I wish you well. Heidi
MiniMimi
on 10/4/07 12:12 am - Houston, TX
No- they revised the anastomosis or opening between the pouch and intestine. The problem was the scar tissue would constrict and close the opening between the pouch and intestine causing me to vomit and get dehydrated. The majority of times this happens they can dilate the opening with endoscopic ballooning. They tried that 3 times with me but there was too much scar tissue. During the revision they went in and removed a lot of scar tissue and fixed the angle between my stomach and intestine. My surgeon said he is 99% sure this will fix it. Hopefully he is correct. If they put everything back to normal I woul dbe in tears. That be like I did it all for nothing! Thanks so much for your support. I think I have told this before, but I love your photo. It reminds me of film noir head shots for the 1940s.
H A.
on 10/4/07 2:27 am - NOR CAL, CA
Yes, I was a little sad to think they put every thing all back but I wanted to be positive for you. I'm happy to hear that you have a 99% chance of success with this procedure. This is really good news! You're going to fell 100% better ! Keep up posted. Heidi
leochick
on 10/4/07 4:25 am - Edgar, WI
Misty, Great to hear you will be on the road to recovery! You are off to a great start with 65 lbs lost! Before you know it you will be back to normal foods and this trouble will be a distant memory. Here's to the new, healthy, you!
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views