Question??? Before and After

MsGriff07
on 10/1/07 2:48 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Julyers Since all my fellow Julyers pounds are all melting off like crazy Here's a question that I'm curious about: What have you been doing after the surgery and weight loss that you would'nt have been doing(or even thought about doing) prior to the surgery?(b.) What have you noticed about yourself that has changed?(not the physical)
Andi190827
on 10/1/07 3:29 am - Fort Leavenworth, KS
I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but..... DH, I and the kids are spending Christmas in Disney World!! I've wanted to go there for as long as I can remember. I've never gone because I seriously worried I wouldn't fit in some (or any of) the rides. Plus, just walking around DW for half a day, let alone a full week, seemed impossible. But now, half way to goal (almost 70 lbs gone forever) and who knows how many more lbs I'll lose in the next 2.5 months, I know I'll fit on every single ride, and with a great pair of walking shoes, I'll be running around the park just like my kids!! Andi
MsGriff07
on 10/1/07 4:25 am - Philadelphia, PA
Andrea that's exactly what I meant....doing things you wanted to but never did because of the weight....the weight keeps you back from living life because you're not happy with the way you look ..too self conscience of body image etc. etc. Have a blast at Disney you go girl with your skinny self!!!
Jean M. B.
on 10/1/07 4:42 am - St. Cloud, MN
Great question, Carla! I can look in the mirror and not get depressed! Now that I can finally see that I am loosing and believe that I am going to be successful this time. I don't have to be asked twice (or three of four or five times) to go for a walk with my DH. I'm not embarrassed to be seen by friends I haven't had contact with for awhile. Still have a long way to go but am feeling so much more HOPEFUL! jEAN
Monica P.
on 10/1/07 6:34 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with
Ooooooooh! Good Question!! I wake up with less aches and pains. My sciatic was really bothering me before surgery, not anymore. I don't take pills for my blood pressure anymore!! I wear high heels to work again, something I had not done for a while! The other week I took a drive around Mt. Wilson with a friend and I saw lots of hikers. Suddenly I got the urge to hike! Since when did I ever want to hike??!!?! In the next few weeks, I'm going to get out there and try a short hike before the weather gets too cold. Oh yeah, and I'm dating again. Mothers, lock up your sons.
sallyone
on 10/1/07 7:36 am - DIberville, MS
I seriously dont do anything different right now. I dont really notice the changes, even though others do. I think I need to go shopping or something and see the size difference... maybe that will make it all real. Right now in my head it just feels like I have only lost 5 pounds... not almost 70. EVERYONE is doing great...
nursAmy
on 10/1/07 12:27 pm - MO
RNY on 07/23/07 with
I am sure this seems like a silly thing, but I have posted on here before that my husband is a fireman, and I very rarely ever used to visit him when he was on duty at the firestation because I was so unhappy with my appearance. No one at the fire station ever said anything negative to me but I always felt like I was an embarressment to my husband. I have noticed the last few weeks I have run out of excuses for not dropping by...as a matter of fact, the kids and I just got home from there, and we had alot of fun just hanging out...something the pre-surgery me would have never done. The confidence is up for sure! Thanks for posting such a great question! Amy
jessica0378
on 10/3/07 11:33 am - Red Lion, PA
Going to Bush Gardens later this month, planning Disney trip for October 2008, walk with my head held higher not looking at the floor, feeling confident and like what I see in the mirror as I melt away daily. Compliments from family friends and co-workers, and more energy.
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views