First big WOW

dnw0523
on 9/30/07 9:38 am - kensington, Canada
Hi everyone, I had my surgery on July 17th. When I was 5 weeks post op I began a running program.Now I am 10 weeks and 5 days postop.I entered the Run for the Cure. Today I ran my first full 5k run.What an awesome experience.I have already registered for another 5k in October so I can work on improving my time. Thanks for letting me share. Cheers Donna
sallyone
on 9/30/07 11:41 am - DIberville, MS
Way to go... CONGRATULATIONS
Jean M. B.
on 10/1/07 12:17 am - St. Cloud, MN
Hi, Donna! What a wonderful achievement! Congrats! to you! Would you mind sharing what your running program is. And, if you don't mind, how much did you weigh when you started running? I've been waiting to loose a little more weight (am currently 213lbs). I used to run 6 miles daily, snow or sun, but that's been nearly 20 years ago!!! I'd love to get back into it, if my knees will hold out. Have had problems with them since I put on so much wt. Thanks for sharing your WOW moment! It is a fantastic one! Keep up the good work! Jean
dnw0523
on 10/1/07 4:27 am - kensington, Canada
Hi Jean, Thanks for your encouragement.I started the program weighing 242 lbs.Now I'm at about 220.Definitly not a lightweight for a runner! I am following a program called "Cool Running-Couch to 5k".It is truely doable for anyone that is committed to give 30mins 3-4 days a week.I ran the 5k before I finished the program because I committed myself with a friend to enter a 5k run.I am continuing on with the program to help work on my time and endurance.I hope you can try this program.I am sooo excited to share it with someone.Keep me posted. Cheers, Donna
MsGriff07
on 10/1/07 4:28 am - Philadelphia, PA
Dont cha just love it!! The things we do when you're not imprisoned by weight!!! Congrats on your 5k run....
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views