Forgetting to eat??

nursAmy
on 9/30/07 1:07 am - MO
RNY on 07/23/07 with
Ok Julyers....I am not sure what to think about this...what are your thoughts? The past few weeks I am finding I am truely forgetting to eat....and believe me this is a weird feeling, I am sure I have never ever forgotton a meal before I had surgery. On days where I am in my normal schedule it is not an issue, I do fine, but on days where I am off work or the weekends I am finding I am missing meals pretty regularly. For example, yesterday was football, which means I was at the football field from 11-3 or so. I had eaten breakfast with my family before that, but during the game all I did was drink. After the game my daughter went to a slumber party and my son and husband left for an overnight hunting trip and I went shopping. All of a sudden it is 7:30 and I haven't eaten since breakfast. I decided I needed to find something to eat, not because I was hungry but because I should. I told myself to pick what ever restraunt I wanted and I could take something home with me....the weird thing is I didn't want anything from anywhere. I had given myself premission for whatever type of food I wanted (within reason of course) and didn't even want to follow through. I went to the grocery store and bought alot of groceries and came home and unloaded everything and still couldn't find something to eat that sounded good. I wound up with some leftover chilli with cheese and ff sourcream. Before bed I had most of a protein bar 22 grams, and sipped on protein shake. I ended up getting most of my protein in, but good grief, it was most all in the evening before bed. Do you think this is normal? What do I do? It is not possible to plan my weekends like it is during the week. I did have a protein bar with my all day yesterday, but I didn't even think to eat it. I did something similer on friday, and then the weekend before that so yesterday wasn't an isolated case....please give me your thoughts! Amy
sallyone
on 9/30/07 1:28 am - DIberville, MS
I am right there with you Amy. I forget to eat ALOT. Even during the week my schedule isnt set in stone so I have no clue when to eat. I do always make sure my 4 year old eats though. I look in the fridge to pick something out, and nothing looks good... LOL So I go away from it for a while till I can think of what I want... then BOOM it is 3 hours later and I still havent eatten. Maybe I need to wear a watch and set the alarm so I will remember to eat.
Jean M. B.
on 9/30/07 2:18 am - St. Cloud, MN
Hi, Amy! I'm not sure if this is common for all WLS patients or not. But, I feel the same way on many days. I'm still concentrating on getting my protein in, so I have resorted to power bars and returned to protein drinks. I'm not much of a meat eater, so, it helps to have the power bars around. By the time I finish some kind of meat, there is no room for any veggies. I ate an apple last night (peeled) but it felt like a rock in my pouchy. Better today though. I think we just have to make eating a priority and maybe get a watch with a timer!!! I try to eat something every three hours to remind myself. Hope you are doing Ok otherwise. Jean
Penny F.
on 9/30/07 7:49 am
I can SO relate to this Amy. I am on a schedule during the week at work and can have "nealy perfect" eating days....on weekends it all goes south. I just get busy and don't think about it so I'm working like crazy to get my protein in between 7 and 11 at night. Glad to know we are all in the same boat it seems. Luckily I have gotten into the habit of always having a water bottle in my hand - so water is not an issue too. Penny
MsGriff07
on 10/1/07 6:26 am - Philadelphia, PA
Same here I do that a lot during the week i just drink water at work I have tried to eat some "breakfast foods" but they make my stoma feel weird and then i have cramping so i am afraid to eat at work(don't want to go to the bathroom at work) and since i go 6 or more hours without eating Im used to it now... before surgery I would have had my breakfast and before that was digested I knew what i wanted for lunch and you best believe i ate that too. Yesterday I woke up took my meds went out to the mall stopped at target got home decided we wanted to see the King Tut exhibit(last day here in Philly) Had to go get the tickets stood in line got the tix came home took a nap (the show was @ 11pm) got up at 9pm got redressed went to the show came home @1:30 am and realized I did not eat all day...go figure
razzlefairy0
on 10/1/07 9:49 am - Mt.Sinai, NY
i have done this too...i try to plan my meals the nite before though(especially when i have work) and i pack everything in a little bag cooler...also i got this cool cereal cup- the bottom has gel in it and u freeze it and then you can put mik in there and ur cereal in the top container and it comes with a spoon...its perfect for when im on the go and want to eat breakfast etc!
nursAmy
on 10/1/07 12:19 pm - MO
RNY on 07/23/07 with
I am so glad I am not the only one who is dealing with this.....thanks for all the insight! Amy
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views