what are you all eating in a days time

howard3020
on 9/25/07 12:52 am - wawaka, IN
my dr dont want us doing carbohydrates for 6 months so I am having a hard time finding food to eat. are any of you having carbohydrates? if so what are you eating thanks brandy
H A.
on 9/25/07 1:01 am - NOR CAL, CA
I have a small amount of carb and always whole wheat. I eat lots of tuna and salmon salad chicken, ground beef and turkey I am able to have fruits and veggies and eating them with the protein at dinner or lunch is really nice. Can you have fruits and vegetables?
howard3020
on 9/25/07 1:09 am - wawaka, IN
I am to have protein at every meal with 1 fruit or vegetable. but I am having a hard time with breakfast my dr only wants us to have 2 eggs a week. I was doing a high protein cereal bar but the dr jumped my butt about it. so if any one can help me with things to eat for breakfast that would be great.
H A.
on 9/25/07 2:07 am - NOR CAL, CA
Small serving of raw almonds Meat cottage cheese sf yogert cheese
Monica P.
on 9/25/07 2:17 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with
I'll have a bite or two of rice or pasta but when I do I discover that I feel so full and bloated that it's uncomfortable. (Like when I have sushi I pick off almost all the rice but even the little that gets left behind is enough to fill me up.) I eat breakfast here at my desk at work. I have milk shaken with protein powder or mixed in a cup of decaf coffee. When I want something more like food I have cottage cheese, or even a protein bar. I also have Egg Beaters at home, I can microwave it and make instant scrambled eggs. I had a very hard time with real eggs, they just dont agree with me.
Leslie S.
on 9/25/07 3:26 am
Wow...I wish I could have some of the stuff that you all are having!!! I can now have tuna or baked fish. No chicken or other poultry yet. No fruits or veggies yet. No rice or pasta yet. I am pretty much still eating cream soups. I do eat boiled egg whites. That is turning into my new favorite thing. I can also have peanut butter, but I limit that since it has so much fat in it. I can also have fat free and low fat cheese. I can have cottage cheese, but I do not like that!! I can have potatoes, as long as they aren't fried. I can also have crisp toast, saltine crackers and cold cereal. I have alot of options, I'm just super picky!!! No carbs for 6 months! I bet that is tough, but you'll do great!!!!!
Jupiter6
on 9/25/07 3:55 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
"No carbohydrates" makes little sense to me, especially if you're active. I tend to eat about 650 calories a day-- 80g protein, 50 carbs, 10 fat. This is a plan my nutritionist is fine with. Less carbs and I get very shaky while swimming/walking. The only food I don't try at all is dense meat, like steak. Meals are 2 oz protein, 2 oz 'other"-- meaning veggie, or fruit, or crackers. I drink 20 oz Isopure, and an 8 ounce Unjury shake with skim milk.
Lisa B.
on 9/25/07 7:30 am - Los Angeles, CA
breakfast- string cheese (i usually have an egg with cheese on the weekends) lunch- 2 ry krisp crackers, 1 slice of cheddar cheese, 2 oz. turkey or chicken, 1 oz. cashews or almonds dinner- pretty much the same as lunch, but i'll have cauliflower or broccoli instead of the ry krisp snack- 1 30 gram protein bar cut in half- one half in the afternoon, and one an hour or so after dinner i went through a big bean phase- had tons of beans, but then noticed my weight loss disappear, so i cut them out.
Penny F.
on 9/25/07 9:22 am
Breakfast during the week is 1/2 protein bar while the kids are coming in and getting settled....then 20 oz of Isopure, a chicken/lettuce wrap for lunch, the other half of the protein bar and tonight for dinner 2 oz of fish and a small dinner salad...later I'll have a bowl of blueberries with yogurt. The last couple of weeks I've averaged between 90 and 100 protein and 20 to 25 carbs. My weight loss actually picked up when I up'd the protein and calories. Last week I lost 5 lbs!!! On the weekend I use egg beaters - cottage cheese & fruit - 1/2 protein bar or some left over meat for breakfast. NO carbs is very unhealthy --- low carb, but not NO carb is necessary!! Good luck, Penny
ckocher
on 9/26/07 1:22 am - Sacramento, CA
Hi Brandy: Here's a list of what I'm eating these days. Not all of them every day, of course! Unjury protien powder Soy milk Lactaid milk Light swiss cheese (one ounce at a time with crackers) Saltine crackers (just two at a time) 97% Fat free Hormel turkey chili w/beans Low or non-fat Pavel's yogurt Amy's organic split pea, lentil or veggie soups I can't tolerate meat (exept the small amount found in the turkey chili w/beans). I haven't tried any fresh or canned fruits. I also haven't tried any veggies other than what's in the soups. Have a great day! Charity
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views