Freaking out- might need a revision

MiniMimi
on 9/22/07 2:16 am - Houston, TX
I have a stricture again. I developed my first at 5 weeks. I was admitted to the hospital for dehydration and vomitting and the CAT scan revealed a strciture. They ballooned it partially, but found that my pouch attaches to my intestine at an acute angle making it impossible to use the endoscope safely. Two weeks lately I was readmitted for the same problem. This time they balloned me under fluoroscopy or x-ray. They were not able to open the stricture as far as they wanted because I bled. I still could not keep down solids so I made an appointment with my gastro on Thursday and he scoped me under fluoroscopy again on Friday yesterday). This time he was happy with the amount the stricture opened, but I had a pinpoint bowel perforation from the ballooning. He also said that my anatomy was not "quite normal" and that I might need a revision to correct the stricture. There is a possibility that they could put in a stent to keep it open, but who knows? Has anyone else had this problem? Anyone have a stent or revision at this early date?
Andi190827
on 9/22/07 7:25 am - Fort Leavenworth, KS
Misty, I haven't been through this, but I wanted to give you some ((((HUGS))))!! I know this can't be fun at all! Have you posted about this on the revision board? There might be people there that have been in your situation, that can give you some help and comforting words. Good luck to you! I hope everything turns out the way you want/need! ((HUGS)) Andi
sallyone
on 9/22/07 12:58 pm - DIberville, MS
HUGS I posted to you on another thread.. HUGS
Leslie S.
on 9/23/07 12:41 am
Sounds like you've been through alot!! Good luck with everything! ~Leslie~
H A.
on 9/23/07 2:07 am - NOR CAL, CA
You may want to post on the main board to try and reach as many members as possible. I've never heard of this but there a lot of people on the main board that have been at this a lot longer than me. Best of luck to you and I hope this gets resolved quickly. Heidi
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views