Giving support

Linda_S
on 9/22/07 9:30 am - Eugene, OR
I have been getting emails from someone named LynnForever at aol.com concerning a response I made to her post (I don't know which one she is) about not being able to get in all her food and water. I commented that, whether you think you can, or think you can't -- either way, you're right. My intent was that sometimes a change of attitude -- doing the best you can and thinking that you CAN do something -- can really help. She wrote to me, all pissed off saying that I was crazy and demeaning. I said that I had only intended to help and that I hoped she wouldn't get dehydrated from not being able to drink enough. Then I get another nasty response telling me not to write back to her. WTF??? I have tried to help (maybe not by coddling, to be sure), but I don't think I deserved this treatment. Whoever the F you are Lynn, don't grace my mailbox again. Keep your negative and hurtful attitude and stick it where the sun doesn't shine. Geez Louise! Linda
sallyone
on 9/22/07 1:01 pm - DIberville, MS
Sometimes people just arnt happy and want you to hold their hand and not give advice She shouldnt have asked for advice if she didnt really want it. Thanks for being supportive to everyone whether they appreciate it or not ... I know I need it alot lately.. Susan
Monica P.
on 9/22/07 4:14 pm - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with
Don't worry about it, you tried to make amends......time to move on.
Leslie S.
on 9/22/07 9:49 pm
I'm sorry about those hurtful responses. Sounds like that person isn't happy after their surgery. You were just trying to help and they went postal on you! It seems that everytime I try to help someone out it always backfires on me. No matter how hurt I get after it, I don't stop helping someone else. Just remember that. Other people might accept your helpful advice so don't stop giving it!!! I have had several people on this website email me and thank me for keeping my blogs updated because it really helps them. That makes me feel good. I started off doing these blogs for myself, but I am helping people with all aspects of this surgery...from getting insurance approval to post-op info. Just don't stop giving your advice!!!! ~Leslie~
(deactivated member)
on 9/26/07 5:17 am
Hopefully she'll think more about your comment-which is a good one. I prefer to think I can because if I think I can't, I don't even try. But If I try sometimes I do.
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views