A bit scared

Penny F.
on 9/21/07 9:28 am
Amy I've always heard 6 months also......They said I have six months to put in place new habits that will allow the "rest" of the weight to come off at a "normal" pace. I've also been told AT LEAST 64 grams of protein a day. I was having a hard time getting it in but then discovered Isopure Protein Drinks (40 grms) and I also have one protein bar (22 grms). Everything else is gravy so to speak - so I get in between 70 ad 90 grams a day. Have they talked to you about supplements.....also very important!!! By the way - I think your weight loss is right on track. If you look at the Monday morning weigh in's - MOST of us are right around the same weight loss.....with the exception of a few luck over achievers. LOL Hang in there and continue to educate yourself - to spite the doctors office - your doing great! "hugs" Penny
SarahF
on 9/21/07 11:57 am - Braintree, MA
I'm not one to get a ton of protein either. When I don't get very much protein I don't lose weight. Well, I recently found Special K Protein Meal Replacement bars, and snack bars. The Meal bars have 10 grams of protein and they taste really good. I have two a day. That gives me 20 grams...and then with an egg in the morning, and some protein at night I"m good. It's the fluids I need to work on, but that's another post LOL! I'm also a lightweight. I started at 226 and I'm at 176 now. I've lost 50 lbs in almost 11 weeks. Hang in there.
MiniMimi
on 9/22/07 1:28 am - Houston, TX
I would not worry. I have lost 58 lbs in 8 1/2 weeks, but this is largely due to the fact that I have had three strictures and they are considering a stent or revision to open my stoma. Don't assume that people losing a lot of weight quickly are healthy when they do it. They may have complications they are not mentioning or have started at a much higher weight. Yes, I have lost a lot of weight (I started at 252, present 194), but I have been sick most of the last two months. Be grateful for feeling well and know that in time you will be where you want to be. My suregeon said months 1-3 are usually the most rapid weight loss, then it slows down a tiny bit in months 4-6. He said after 6 months it slows quite a bit. Hope this helps. Congratualtions on your weight loss and good health. Misty
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views