8 week and 4 days out... 43 lbs

CalicoCornerCat
on 9/15/07 12:52 pm
I am as the subject says 8 weeks and 4 days out with a 43lb weight loss. I too like many of you thought I would have lost more; however... I have a situation and think it will cause me to lose weight sooo slowly. I cannot tolerate ANY (and I do mean any, so not trying to be mean, but do not suggest any) protein shakes. That said - I am no where near 80 grams of protein ever. I get anywhere betweem 30-45 on most days. I do not drink the required liquid - no way I can possibly intake 64 oz of fluid in addition to eating and vitamins and other meds. I DO exercise which is to my benefit of course. I know others are losing even more slowly and I just need to take it as it comes. I am so thankful that I am past the first hellacious seven weeks. WHEW Talk about pain! I am also thankful that I can eat pretty much anything (not sweets of course) and not get sick. Amazing considering what I have heard. So all in all - hanging in there and just wanting to lose the poundage and start my personal life back, dating life again and road to my next soulmate and family. Cali
sallyone
on 9/15/07 11:11 pm - DIberville, MS
Congratualtions on your 43 pound loss... you are doing great. I am 6 weeks and 5 days and have only lost 33 pounds.. hoping it will be more by Tuesday (my official weigh in day... LOL) TMI.. very constipated right now... arrgghh I too can not stand protein drinks, so I have been drinking ALOT of skim milk (9 grams of Protein per 8 oz)... I am getting close or just over 60 grams of protein a day. I dont think I get all of my fluids in each day... I am not far off, but I am not there. We will get to our goals, dont worry... GOOD LUCK and GREAT JOB Susan
saphireset3
on 9/16/07 2:25 am - Yuba City, CA
I'm nowhere near the water mark either, I don't think it's an achievable goal for us. I can't drink the shakes either, I now choke down 1 1/2 of the 42g liquid protien "bullets" each day. They're deffinatley NOT tastey, but 2 swallows 3 times a day gets me 63g's of pure protien, no sugars, no carbs. Make sure you get in your vitamins and keep up the exercise. Do your best with the proteins and that's all you can do. It'll happen, sounds like a little slower, but it WILL happen! Good Luck and keep posting! I Am Stronger Than Myself Janice
Jupiter6
on 9/16/07 9:20 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
I follow everything to the letter with te exception of water-- I try like hell, but 64 ounces is damn near impossible. That being said, I've only lost 28.8 pounds in 2 months (because I lost 68 pounds pre-op, it's slower.) Try not to be dispondent-- just give you body what it needs. -S.
Linda_S
on 9/18/07 4:01 am - Eugene, OR
I usually get about 60 grams of protein a day but I have absolutely no problem with the water. I drink probably about 80 oz. a day. I think it's something you just have to get used to. I was a Weigh****cher for about 5 years before surgery, so I was used to drinking lots of water. It's important -- you really should try to up your fluid intake. Keepa glass by you and sip, sip, sip. Linda
Linda_S
on 9/18/07 9:53 am - Eugene, OR
I'm never hungry either. Just depends on what is important to you. As they say: Whether you think you can, or think you can't -- either way, you're right. Linda
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views